SAU Community

Good Wheel Alignments

wanzi

• 2 weeks later...

good alignment place is beau repairs on old geelong road taken my car there past year and their really good, i assist them and watch them and at same time tell them what i want. etc -2 camber etc etc. its easy for lower cars too i had to take front bar off once. and they upgraded their machines so their brand new.

good alignment place is beau repairs on old geelong road taken my car there past year and their really good, i assist them and watch them and at same time tell them what i want. etc -2 camber etc etc. its easy for lower cars too i had to take front bar off once. and they upgraded their machines so their brand new.

will they do it if you have stretched tyres? place i tried on saturday wouldnt touch it.. :(

i went to computer align in mitcham/ nunna, my mate always get his done there. firstly the bloke that works there is really good and more importantly he is honest.

their methodology is that put pads on the car (quater pannels) to keep it stiff so it doesn't move, then they do the allignment while the car's wheels are actually rolling. last time i took my car there i got an fantastic result! i think that its only 90 odd dollars too.

it is off whitehorse rd, the street before bunnings i think (or the same)

sorry to hi-jack your thread, but instead of making new one and getting locked, as always, might as well use this one, im looking for a wheel alignment as well, but on the west side of town, any good place?? im going to ask bob jane at hoppers..anyone tried there before/? would u recommend them?

cheers

sorry to hi-jack your thread, but instead of making new one and getting locked, as always, might as well use this one, im looking for a wheel alignment as well, but on the west side of town, any good place?? im going to ask bob jane at hoppers..anyone tried there before/? would u recommend them?

cheers

i always go to tyrepower w/bee im actually gettin one done friday @ there new location.. they dont mind stretched tyres either :)

No one does a good wheel alignemnt anymore - it's all rubbish these days.

You can take the same car to 6 different places that have these lazer alignment machines and all 6 places will give you a different result but each of them will swear theirs is acurate!!

Indeed. I got sick of it.

I just do them myself in the garage now. Car has never felt better.

i always go to tyrepower w/bee im actually gettin one done friday @ there new location.. they dont mind stretched tyres either :laugh:

hey mate, i got mine done today, i went there and ask how much for the allignment, and guy said $65 and got it done straight away, did a fantastic job!!! would recommend to everyone..car doesnt steer to the left now when i let go of the wheel.. did front axle and back too!! cant be happier..

my 2cent..

• 5 years later...

Bumping this thread instead of starting a new one

Would Traction Tyres still be a good option for an alignment?

My car is a bit difficult to set up as it has stock toe arms rear but adjustable camber arms

Front has camber adjustment but not caster

Cheers.

Bumping this thread instead of starting a new one

Would Traction Tyres still be a good option for an alignment?

My car is a bit difficult to set up as it has stock toe arms rear but adjustable camber arms

Front has camber adjustment but not caster

Cheers.

They correctly aligned my car last time I took it in. I have non-standard geometry. :)

Don't worry too much about costs when getting an alignment, it is always worth paying more for a reputable place because a shit alignment might as well have been no allignmnt at all. It just so happens that Traction are good value too :)

Don't worry too much about costs when getting an alignment, it is always worth paying more for a reputable place because a shit alignment might as well have been no allignmnt at all. It just so happens that Traction are good value too :)

Yeah I absolutely agree, I was just posting up price for future reference of the thread :)

• Like 1

cheers

I know this particular post is old, but given the thread has recently been bumped I thought I'd pass on our more recent experience.

We've been to Bob Jane at Hoppers a few times and generally been happy, the staff are friendly and service in general is fantastic. Last time we went though, they left the lock nuts on both tie rod ends undone. As I rarely drive this car (it's my wife's daily) I didn't notice immediately, but spotted the rapidly-balding tyres and found the tie rods had been slowly unwinding themselves. Had a tie rod unwound itself completely, and one was alarmingly close to doing so, it could have been catastrophic.

So although my experience with them is generally positive with only one blemish, that blemish is a bit of a whopper :(