SAU Community

Nissan Skyline R34 25gt

Ericjayrol

Im looking at getting an R34 25GT.

The price I can get it for is between 14,000 - 17,000, is this price reasonable? It comes with 12 months rego, 3 years parts and labour warranty & free delivery, although I plan on making sure nobody else drives my car once I pay for it ;)

The kilometres range from 55,000 - 80-000, so the car seems to be a great deal to me, but im always open to suggestions.

I would like to know any common issues with this car, the costs associate with its services, parts, etc.

Anything anbody knows about this car would be great to know, its an RB25DE engine, which is where it gets its 25GT tag from, so any info on common problems with this engine commonly found in R33s would also be helpful, it is the NEO version of the engine.

Thanks

Hmmm. Why the 25GT mate? In my opinion, 17k (even though that's the max price of the undisclosed amount) is far too much $ to throw at a non turbo R34. (even though this may be the market price, I wouldn't pay it)

As Mark Read says; "perish the thought".

Whatever floats your boat though. A relative of mine has an R33 with an RB25DE - he's probably travelled approx 20,000km on top of what was already on the od when he bought it, and the only problem he has had was a slipping clutch due for replacement. But that's the only RB25DE that I really know anything about.

Check out the Naturally Aspirated forum, use the search function and I'm sure you'll find more info.

The thing is I want a 4 door, and the 25GT is pretty much the only version, other than the GT-FOUR which is pretty much the same thing but with a different name, that has 4 doors...

I also have a personal dislike of the R33's appearance (PLEASE DONT ALL HATE ME!) So I don't want an R33 and it seems like the R32 is becoming a little too outdated now, So I figured that the R34 GT25 was my best bet for a P plate legal skyline.... Am I wrong?

The thing is I want a 4 door, and the 25GT is pretty much the only version, other than the GT-FOUR which is pretty much the same thing but with a different name, that has 4 doors...

I also have a personal dislike of the R33's appearance (PLEASE DONT ALL HATE ME!) So I don't want an R33 and it seems like the R32 is becoming a little too outdated now, So I figured that the R34 GT25 was my best bet for a P plate legal skyline.... Am I wrong?

Big difference between the GT-FOUR and the 25GT.

$14,000 is also a ridiculous amount to pay for an R34 sedan. Is it manual or automatic? If its manual then 14k might be right, but still expensive.

Forget dealer warranties too, they're often bullshit. Find a nice private sale for around $11-12k and enjoy that.

so really, the 'P plater legal' issue is the reason holding you back from buying the turbo model?

Luciano: Yeah, I couldn't imagine why anyone would want an N/A if they could buy a turbo.

KezR33: Yeah, its manual, but its also the cheapest I can find anywhere... private or dealer...

If anyone knows where to get a cheaper R34 four door with manual gearbox under 100,000kms on it, let me know

I'm in the same situation as you.

Can't find a 4 door non-turbo in NSW at a reasonable price.

I'm beginning to think, screw the R34, get some shitbox for the duration of P's then get the turbo.

Well, Its just that I don't want to wait that long because the car I have at the moment is starting to get to its brinks... I wanna sell it before it does eventually ruin from my driving style...

I don't like the idea of buying a shitbox and having to spend all this money fixing it up and then putting on road costs on top of it, just to have it amount to something close to the R34... Also, I could always add a turbo in later if i decide so... and this car seems like it would pass for a family car aswell, so its a relatively nice car that also appeals to all the sensible adults that normally look at a 180sx and think 'Such a typical hoon'

• 1 month later...

wow man im having the EXACT same problem. Im thinking of buying a skyline that i can always upgrade to a turbo when im off my p's, and im gettng a 4 door to make insurance cheaper too :) I just want to know if the non-turbo's have ANY sort of power behind them (not compared to a turbo, just generalised) to see if its worth even bothering till im off my P's.

Well, I test drove one the other day and I certainly enjoyed the power it had to offer, compared to the 180sx ive driven and a celica, this was certainly more powerful as far as I felt.

I put down a deposit on one that I was lucky enough to get for only $12,000, it has a few more KM's on it (still low at 90,000), but hell, the lower ones are probably wound back anyway =P

• 2 months later...
wow man im having the EXACT same problem. Im thinking of buying a skyline that i can always upgrade to a turbo when im off my p's, and im gettng a 4 door to make insurance cheaper too :devil: I just want to know if the non-turbo's have ANY sort of power behind them (not compared to a turbo, just generalised) to see if its worth even bothering till im off my P's.

I wanna know where to get cheap insurance, lol as a 4 door non turbo owner I'm still paying around the $2,000+ mark as most insurance places don't deal with imports I had two choices last year but because my car isn't garages I only had one choice, personal opinion skylines are wicked, but to truly enjoy it wait to get a turbo model, or buy an r31 till you can get a turbo, for the price of a conversion you would just wish you waited and bought the turbo in the first place.

I got my R34 now, and I really enjoy it. Feels fast enough for me and its N/A, I don't know about all you saying N/A is slow, I think its fast compared to the other N/A cars out there and for a P plater, I think it has enough power.