SAU Community

Wiper Circuit

BIT SUS

I'm currently in the middle of rewiring a mate's S13 for track use only, and I've hit a few snags.

I want to simplify the entire wiper circuit to have a very simple on/off toggle switch for Low speed only.

I've attached a wiring diagram for the windscreen wiper motor operation. (remember to only look at the RHD parts!)

I can't quite get my head around it.

post-49889-1263300114_thumb.jpg

From what I know about wiper motors, they require a constant 12V to allow the arms to reach their home-position each time they are turned off, and the other wires are "trigger wires" for different speeds, but I can't work out which wires/colours I will need to hook up. I would like to eliminate the wiper "amp" if possible also.

If someone wouldn't mind spending some time reading over the diagram, and drawing me a new one, that would be awesome.

Nigel.

To me it looks like the "Wiper Amp" has the relays for the timing On/Off delays, The "B" is the ground and the "LG" is the constant +12v, "OR" looks to be the signal the amp receives when the wipers are back at the start position. Unsure exactly how the signal wires are working without having it there to have a play with, who knows whats happening inside that amp... But I'd experiment with shorting out the "BR-W" and "P" wires at the Amp and see if they come on high as a start, then look at removing it from the circuit.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...