SAU Community

Tps Pinouts

Mr GTS4

just wondering if anyone knows the pinouts of each out these tps units.

car - S2 Stagea tiptronic neo rb25det

i have a neo but am looking at doing a intake and it requires me to use a s1 r33 unit ( think it uses the same config as a gtr) .

i also noticed that both units have the same amount of wires, so just need to know what each coloured wire is for..

THanks

curt

Curt, you have an auto don't you? the auto's have the 6 wire TPS, manual's use 3 wire's only (they may still have 6 wire's but just not using all of them). so the diagram you have might be a manual diagram, it wont show the other 3 TPS wires. attached is a ecu diagram for an auto, the red arrow is point to the variable ~0-5v TPS output, and the blue arrow is pointing to a throttle on/off and WOT switch for the auto.

now from memory, there are the two TPS plugs mounted in front of the inlet plenum. there is a black plug with red and black wires, this one is the variable 0-5v TPS. there is also a grey plug with some green and yellow wires, this one is the other on/off/WOT switch for the auto. i think i got that right.

one way to check would be, if you have a consult interface, set it up. don't start the ignition just turn it to "ON". bring up the display gauges mainly the TPS % or Volts one. then go and unplug one of the plugs. if the TPS input stops working than that plug is the variable 0-5v TPS. otherwise just test with a multimeter which plug has the 0-5v output to id which is which.

post-34711-1266645139_thumb.jpg

thats really what i needed to know.. i was looking just where the tps wiring part was and yeah stupid diagrams... lol

i'll see how i go now.. cheers.

Curt, you have an auto don't you? the auto's have the 6 wire TPS, manual's use 3 wire's only (they may still have 6 wire's but just not using all of them). so the diagram you have might be a manual diagram, it wont show the other 3 TPS wires. attached is a ecu diagram for an auto, the red arrow is point to the variable ~0-5v TPS output, and the blue arrow is pointing to a throttle on/off and WOT switch for the auto.

now from memory, there are the two TPS plugs mounted in front of the inlet plenum. there is a black plug with red and black wires, this one is the variable 0-5v TPS. there is also a grey plug with some green and yellow wires, this one is the other on/off/WOT switch for the auto. i think i got that right.

one way to check would be, if you have a consult interface, set it up. don't start the ignition just turn it to "ON". bring up the display gauges mainly the TPS % or Volts one. then go and unplug one of the plugs. if the TPS input stops working than that plug is the variable 0-5v TPS. otherwise just test with a multimeter which plug has the 0-5v output to id which is which.

post-34711-1266645139_thumb.jpg

• 1 year later...