SAU Community

TopGear Road Test V35 350GT

Hey does anybody know if any of the new gtrs are in aus yet ? Cause i think i saw one of these driving through penrith a couple of days ago and no it wasnt an audi !

New GT-R? In Australia???

Eerrrrm... it was probably an Audi... no, it DEFINATELY was an Audi...:D

Indeed it does, to meet the strict emission laws developing in japan and california. The poor old, but legendary, cast iron RB just can't quite cut it any more for emissions.....but screw them

Damn that car is sweet; they also tested a HKS one against a HKS 350Z in the Dec-Jan issue of SPEED magazine.

The V35 350GT is the replacement for the R34 GTT; it will be another 3 years until we see the R35 GT-R, it seems -- they show it at the Tokyo Motorshow, and the next one (in 2005) hasn't given them enough time.

Indeed it does, to meet the strict emission laws developing in japan and california. The poor old, but legendary, cast iron RB just can't quite cut it any more for emissions.....but screw them

If GM can make their pushrod dinosaur motors meet the new emission laws then there is no way nissan couldnt make the rb or sr. Its more to do with the bosses at renault killing the inline motors. Suxs renault bought out nissan and are killing their engine development.

I dont see the next generation of nissans having a cult following like the nissans of the past

Saw it again a few days ago ! Aghrrrrr ! Going in the opposite direction. Certainly couldn't see any audi badging on it. Black with a silver roof. Next time I'm turnin' around and chasin' it .

If GM can make their pushrod dinosaur motors meet the new emission laws then there is no way nissan couldnt make the rb or sr. Its more to do with the bosses at renault killing the inline motors. Suxs renault bought out nissan and are killing their engine development.

I dont see the next generation of nissans having a cult following like the nissans of the past

I agree but the accountants are pushing the direction and an alloy engine is easier to make emissions friendly. The GM is all alloy isn't it? (major components).

Note Ford are not attempting to export to the states yet, especially the 6's.

I want round tail lights too, not stealth round ones.

'Under the starlit sky staring at your soul wates in smoke. As part of team REMAKE. Not as yourself. Setting higher than a dark sky. It's a time to fly high in heaven'.

It brings a tear to the eye. Will Jap Drift poetry ever take off in Aus? It makes me want to get worse at english so i can make this stuff up!