Put Your Cars Away

dan_the_man

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Driving home from work at 4pm down Fitzgerald....had to pull over under a tree as my car was getting hammered by huge hail!!

Lucky nothing was broken or dented

My car is all good but we got hit pretty bad being right on the coast. Thank god I had it under cover

We have some smashed rooftiles, smashed skylight, 3 smashed windows, doors broken from the wind slamming them, broken rollershutters, broken garage door, and my mums car is probably a writeoff with heavy panel damage everywhere, paint chips and softball sized holes the the front and rear windscreens and my dog got f**king pwned by it and is now scared of going outside. The hail was literally as big as tennis balls it was insane

EDIT: My sister just got home and her car has like 200 dents, but no smashed windows, after I rang her and warned hey to get undercover and she didn't listen :blink: It would be an 8 grand writeoff.. if she had insurance that is

Edited by Crackfox

My computer room's window got smashed by the hail storm & now there is dirty & water everywhere...

My Chinese satellite dish got smashed to pieces & my cloth line rack snapped.

Thank God I went to Curtin today so my car was undamaged, although driving back today was bloodly scary on the freeway, where I couldn't see like 1/2 meter in front of me.

I had just got in a Taxi to go to Xspeed to pick my car up when the storm hit.

The taxi driver sheltered under a tree but the taxi still suffered dozens of dents all over, and I spotted a few broken windshields later. The hail was mental. :down:

Intersections all flooded on the drive to xspeed. Spotted stranded car including a Porsche 911 :ninja: .

Got to Xspeed, decided not worth driving back in my car. +1000 to Hanson for having all the cars inside when the storm came. :blink: Anway, so had a beer and got a Tax back eventually.

Lots of traffic lights down on the way back, flooding etc. South Perth all blacked out (just got power back). I walked past the zoo with my flashlight...the sun shades at the entrance were partially shredded by the hail, some trees fallen down as well. I stopped to have a look at some of the cars left in the car park and all had dozens of dents all over. Gutted! :P Write offs? How do you remove all those dents?

So lucky my car was under cover at xseed.

It was bad. i just left at 5pm for UNI from south perth and i was stuck on the freeway.

Was luck i turned back but the plastic cover underneath the engine broke off. it was just draggin.

AFTER THE STORM!

Just wanted to find out if there is any danger of damaging the engine from water? there was too much water and i am scared.

The car runs fine except there is a squeaking noise from the wheels like something is rubbing when at high speeds.

And there is smoke from the exhaust. but maybe that was coz it was cold.

AFTER THE STORM!

Just wanted to find out if there is any danger of damaging the engine from water? there was too much water and i am scared.

The car runs fine except there is a squeaking noise from the wheels like something is rubbing when at high speeds.

And there is smoke from the exhaust. but maybe that was coz it was cold.

If water didn't enter into your POD then you should be safe.

Also what colour is the smoke? Could be just water vapor?

I'm kind paranoid too as well, as I had to drive through several deep water puddles on my way back from Curtin, at one point while I was driving through a puddle, I heard a "clunk" sound from underneath the car somewhere...

did a quick check when I got home & couldn't spot anything unusual.

Yeah Paranoia. lol

I dont have a POD. its the stock filter and it was Dry.

Car Engine is Silent and has no funny noise and is idling same.

The smoke looked white but i felt like it was a bit brownish. but its not alot now. its getting less.

Maybe water went into exhaust? coz i went into a deep puddle when exiting the freeway.

Will just wait and see.

My car was in the garage but it is an open garage and the wind was blowing in just the right direction for the hail to hit the front of it. Gave the front a quick dry and found six car park sized dents on the front of the bonnet and lucky everything else was fine. Anyone know where i can get these dents removed (no paint damage) or am I looking at a new bonnet? Would prefer to keep the one on it now because it is original and is in mint condition besides the small dents on it now from the storm.

Grrrr I hate when **** happens.

I feel sorry to anyone who has damage to their cars and/or property.

If water didn't enter into your POD then you should be safe.

Also what colour is the smoke? Could be just water vapor?

I'm kind paranoid too as well, as I had to drive through several deep water puddles on my way back from Curtin, at one point while I was driving through a puddle, I heard a "clunk" sound from underneath the car somewhere...

did a quick check when I got home & couldn't spot anything unusual.

I think i saw u by curtin driving. i was going towards the bus stop to pick up a friend. but not sure. lol