SAU Community

Precision Billet Turbos

Man, I've been caught out with the wrong sized V-band flange (didn't get it when I bought the turbo) which has been a bit of a pain! Hopefully I'll get on top of it, want to race in 3 weeks!

Here's a dodgy mobile pic I took

eq2rew.jpg

• Like 1

LOL NICE. SR20 FTW.

Which model is that? A fairly big one by the looks of things.

Id really like to see just how hard these things go.. The 5557 seems very interesting to me. I tend to see 35Rs looking/sounding fairly lazy.. I wonder if these turbos will provide that RIP that a turbo that size should have.

Man, I've been caught out with the wrong sized V-band flange (didn't get it when I bought the turbo) which has been a bit of a pain! Hopefully I'll get on top of it, want to race in 3 weeks!

Here's a dodgy mobile pic I took

eq2rew.jpg

Lets see if it goes as hard as the TO4Z and makes more power

On paper it shouldn't but I have seen the same turbo on a car customer and the drivability is awesome.

It was a 2.5L rex, compared to a GT35, it made 45 more kW at all four and wasn't out of puff, that was on 29psi. If only we could have tried 40psi...

Compared to the T66 it had on it before, it drove heaps better. The real test is when you crank big boost into it though to see how it would stack up compared to the Z. Looks like I'll be the test mule!

Edited by PJ.

LOL NICE. SR20 FTW.

Which model is that? A fairly big one by the looks of things.

Id really like to see just how hard these things go.. The 5557 seems very interesting to me. I tend to see 35Rs looking/sounding fairly lazy.. I wonder if these turbos will provide that RIP that a turbo that size should have.

Will be able to answer this for you next week!

But yeah so far the biggest thing with these billet turbo's is their ability to make heaps more power for the size that they over what we're all used to. Take the Forced Performance turbo's on the EVO's for example, a 53mm turbo punching out 290kW at all four is pretty impressive.

Man this is psyching me up! I better go find that clamp that I need!

Well finally found the right clamp. Hopefully should have it kicked over today, will be tuned this week if not the week after. I'm hoping that it's big enough, but if it isn't, I'll be going the next size up. I picked up a 6765 this week, they are so light it isn't funny. I was thinking how the hell can this have a 900hp rating? It feels like a toy!

Drove it for the first time tonight, it still has the Z tune in it, I cut about 20% out of the fuel but it seems it wasn't enough. Damn those 2000's are hu7e!

I'm not cracking gate (17psi) till just under 5000rpm, so I will probably go down an exhaust housing size to get the turbo speed up earlier.

Gotta say though, I've never heard a turbo like it. Very quiet operation but has a real distinctive light whine and it only flutter when you really try to.

Will have some results for a 5557 hopefully next week for you Scott and mine in a few days.

Just for your information too guys, Precision make a 7175 rated to 985hp, it is available in a divided or open housing.

We will be bolting one up on our BC RB28 '34 GT-R in the next 2 weeks :P

http://www.powertune.com.au/projectcars-gtr.html

I'll update the spec list on it too, as quite a few things have changed!

PJ

• 2 weeks later...

Car feels insane! 20psi @ 4500rpm, it's a bit doughier than what I had, but I have ordered the 0.70 housing for a closer comparison. Also I'm running my Greddy boost controller again instead of the Haltech.

In other feedback, we put a 5557S on my bosses S14, it runs a factory SR20 with BC 264 drop in cams, nothing else inside the engine. On E85 it made 297kW at the wheels @ 20psi 4100rpm before the Walbro was out of gas. We're putting a second pump in it today, a set of 1600's and going to try 30psi. Be interesting to see when/if the 0.63 housing becomes a restriction (or what the stock bottom end will handle)

SR20DET, still a 2L, forged bottom end, 220/224 cams, E85, ID2000's, 3 x 044's, Precision 6265 turbo, 6Boost twin scroll manifold, Tial wastegates built by Advance Motor Mechanics in Strathfield.

Car feels insane! 20psi @ 4500rpm, it's a bit doughier than what I had, but I have ordered the 0.70 housing for a closer comparison. Also I'm running my Greddy boost controller again instead of the Haltech.

In other feedback, we put a 5557S on my bosses S14, it runs a factory SR20 with BC 264 drop in cams, nothing else inside the engine. On E85 it made 297kW at the wheels @ 20psi 4100rpm before the Walbro was out of gas. We're putting a second pump in it today, a set of 1600's and going to try 30psi. Be interesting to see when/if the 0.63 housing becomes a restriction (or what the stock bottom end will handle)

Great result... what size turbine housing do you have currently on your car?

It's a 0.84

The S14 has a 0.63, I reckon one of these turbo's would be mental on an RB25, we may have to offer an initiative package to someone wanting to put one on a '25...