SAU Community

Rb26 Cams In Rb25

i have a pair of rb26 cams in my car with cam gears. the concern that i have is that my car has hardly no vacuum on the boost gauge which i guess has another problem with startingt the car aswell. is it safe to say i would are should do solid lifters???

The major difference between the cams (aside from durations and lift) is that the 26 cams are profiled for solid lifters and as such have different ramp rates to the cams meant for hydraulic lifter heads.

They make the car loose about 50kw, as they pump the lifters up. Unless you use solids

would that also be a reason for my car not having the much vacuum???

RB26 cams into a RB25 head are more grief than they are worth as you've found out :rofl:

yea it is. so if i get 5he lifters then i would be ok??

You could you know put the stock RB25 ones back in there, save yourself a bit of work and end up with something better.

that or just get some tomei poncams instead similar money to the solid lifter conversion and you end up with better cams (assuming you aren't going to put some massive cams in later?)

Edited by TiTAN

You could you know put the stock RB25 ones back in there, save yourself a bit of work and end up with something better.

that or just get some tomei poncams instead similar money to the solid lifter conversion and you end up with better cams (assuming you aren't going to put some massive cams in later?)

i have a friend that has a set of stock rb26 lifters i may use those cuz i think the rb26 cams are a good cheap upgrade so i want to try it out but i want to do it right.

dont forget you will need to shim the solids to get the clearance right.... and swap out the springs just in case they are a bit soft (common rb25 issue).

i have a friend that has a set of stock rb26 lifters i may use those cuz i think the rb26 cams are a good cheap upgrade so i want to try it out but i want to do it right.

buying pon cams will probably work out at a similar price when you factor in the labour of setting up a solid head correctly..and will be more of an upgrade.

dont forget you will need to shim the solids to get the clearance right.... and swap out the springs just in case they are a bit soft (common rb25 issue).

so basically i should put my old cams back in and get a rb25 cam upgrade..

What is the rest of your setup?

the motor is stock but its a Frankenstein. i have r33 turbo head with a r34 n/a block currently with rb26dett cams. but those are gonna come out. i have turbonectic t76 turbo with rb26 manifold a/c running e85 with dual pumps an 1000 cc's all put in an s14 shell.