SAU Community

Rb26- Where To Install Map Sensor For Ecu On A Gtr

Its meant to be plumbed after the TB, which is pretty small from memory on a GTR.

I'm fairly sure you will need a standalone unit with a vac port to run a hose to, but I am open for correction as Ive never done one personally.

Not sure on a GTR, but on my R33 GTST, the MAP Sensor is located at the top right of the engine bay, right next to the ABS unit, and a T piece on a hose that comes from the plenum to the BOV!? (Cant rember where exactly it goes, but heads in that direction). I shall take a photo when i can and highlight it for you.

do you want the quick nasty way or the right way?

Quick-nasty: thread the map sensor into the top joining manifold where the VCT valve is normally.

Right way: tap two threads into the center throttle plate after each throttle blade, then T them together into your map sensor.

this is unfortunately the correct way to do it. requires removal of intake manifold to tap vacuum ports behind throttle plates.

you can plumb into the balance tube and it will work but reading is not as accurate.

do you want the quick nasty way or the right way?

Quick-nasty: thread the map sensor into the top joining manifold where the VCT valve is normally.

Right way: tap two threads into the center throttle plate after each throttle blade, then T them together into your map sensor.

this is unfortunately the correct way to do it. requires removal of intake manifold to tap vacuum ports behind throttle plates.

you can plumb into the balance tube and it will work but reading is not as accurate.

Balance tube is fine as you will most likely throttle pressure tune it anyway. You will get the same signalfrom the balance pipe as you would drilling and tapping into the manifold.

• Like 1

Mine is teed off the line to the fuel pressure regulator. From what I can tell, this is also at the same pressure as the rear take-off for the factory boost gauge. I'm tempted to tee it off there so it is more stealth.

I am not using the PCV valve, can i use this port on the balance tube? I also need to plumb in the clutch and brake boosters I think they need to be after throttles too. and was saving the big thread for them. If this is not the case i can run them off the plenum easy enough and run the haltech from that port

I am not running AAC valve so have lost a lot of connections. I have no intention of reinstalling it.

ok..little bit off topic but as its my topic i will give it a shot

Here is a pic of the standard setup, I was wondering if anyone is aware of the workings of the aac valve.

My idea is to run the clutch and brake booster from a tee'd line on the two red hoses, assuming that they are straight from the balance bar, meaning the yellow part is just a vacum reservoir so to speak in standard form and not valved off in any way.

fyi pic is not my car, just one i found. I dont actually have an aac valve to use, and don't really want one as it is a track only car i don't care if it idles high

post-26632-1273460847_thumb.jpg

• 6 months later...
  • 3 years later...

I know this is an old thread but I want to see if there are better ways to connect other than the Apexi way or the PVC way...

how about on the balance tube 1 tap at each end and T them together? I want to keep the stock PVC Valve...

Edited by etang789