SAU Community

Stagea Won't Start

3PointJ

Hey folks.

I had my Stagea out at my parents for the past few weeks.

Recently the fuel got really low, light on and everyhting.

Dad put five litres of fuel in to get it started and take it to fill it up, but the car wont start.

He said it just cranks over and over, but won't actually start up.

He suggested it may have sucked up some bad fuel, or a sensor is playing up or something, but I'm not exactly as I am at work still...

Any ideas what to check to get this thing running again?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey folks.

I had my Stagea out at my parents for the past few weeks.

Recently the fuel got really low, light on and everyhting.

Dad put five litres of fuel in to get it started and take it to fill it up, but the car wont start.

He said it just cranks over and over, but won't actually start up.

He suggested it may have sucked up some bad fuel, or a sensor is playing up or something, but I'm not exactly as I am at work still...

Any ideas what to check to get this thing running again?

Sounds like the fuel pump but it could also be your alarm......don't keep cranking it....the starters in these are hard to come by and easy to stuff!

Edited by Jetwreck

Sounds like the fuel pump but it could also be your alarm......don't keep cranking it....the starters in these are hard to come by and easy to stuff!

Ok, what could be the alarm?

I'll make sure he doesn't keep cranking...

is car on FLAT ground . fuel tank is a big flat shape and 5 litres might not be enough

Yeah, its on flat ground. I will see if he can add more fuel?

If its like a C34 pickup is on the right hand side and steeply cambered road can be enough to starve the pump. Try more petrol. Also could have sucked up cr*p from the bottom of tank. Fuel filter in engine bay is easy to change ...the one in the tank a little more work. Can you hear the pump trying to prime when you turn the key to the ignition on without cranking the starter??

If its like a C34 pickup is on the right hand side and steeply cambered road can be enough to starve the pump. Try more petrol. Also could have sucked up cr*p from the bottom of tank. Fuel filter in engine bay is easy to change ...the one in the tank a little more work. Can you hear the pump trying to prime when you turn the key to the ignition on without cranking the starter??

I'm not 100% sure if he can hear it. Just speaking back and forth with him whilst he is playing round...

He is just checking the fuel pump situation now, as he spoke to a mate who is a mechanic and plays on lots of Nissan Imports, and he suggested the Fuel Pump also.

Thanks for the replies guys...

No fuel filter in M35. Pickup sock is it.

I have a spare pump if its stuffed 3PointJ as I replaced mine with a Tomei R33 gtr unit.

No fuel filter in M35. Pickup sock is it.

I have a spare pump if its stuffed 3PointJ as I replaced mine with a Tomei R33 gtr unit.

Haha, awesome, well I'll let you know how we go...

Appreciate the offer :blink:

Nah, no more cranking lol...

He is pretty good with cars, and was an Auto-Electrician by trade for a few years, but just hasn't dealt with some of the newer cars and doesn't want to f**k anything lol...

Anyway, he said found the fuel pump, but it doesn't seem to be getting any power...

He asked could there be some alarm stopping the Fuel Pump getting power? or if a Relay has died where he could locate it, or if any other info may be able to help us out...

Big thanks...

You could just run direct battery power from the ignition, through a relay the to the pump if need be, even as a test.

Could be the stock immobiliser if you don't have an alarm.

Yeah he is trying to bypass and give power to the Pump to test.

Well it does not have an Aftermarket Immobilisers/Alarm that I am aware of...

If it is the stock one, anyway around it ?

Alright.

Put power to the fuel pump and it worked fine...

So, we are thinking it is something electronic.

Asked if someone could tell us the location of the Fuel Pump Relay, save pulling the car apart...

Or if anyone knows what maybe preventing power going to the Fuel pump and has inside info, that'd be great..

Thanks.

I have had issues where the fuel pump looses its earth contact. Somewhere I read where a member had made up an earth kit for his 35. I have just done it for my C34.