SAU Community

Thinking Of Buying A Tow-truck

geraus

Not really, but i have friends that have mechanical shops, panel beaters... im going to advertise mmyself do good rates etc. This one is non turbo though, its a 5 speed manual deisal, and do they really have problems? if soo then i might have another think about it! thanks Wopred3d, hmmm do u thnk these are unreiliable?>

the only problem ours had was the snapping of studs but that could have been turbo heat related, as yours is not a turbo it may be fine, also this is only one, isuzu are known to make a reliable truck, any jap trucks are usually ok as long as they are maintained properly, how many k's has it done?

400,000 on it .

Oh realy thats a good sign then. thanks man.

Thats pretty low for something that age, ours hasnt been driven for a few years and has around 800,000 on it, we also have an old international that is about to clock over a million and in the 7 yrs i've been there the only major works is a head gasket and gearbox.

• 5 years later...

This is the first sau email i have had in a while, and its about a shit box tow truck, dam i posted a lot of shit on here.

• 4 years later...

Go for it mate, my dad started out unsure like you, now he always tells me 'if you don't take the dive, then you never start swimming.'

You'll start with one, you can work for yourself as a sub to get cash flow and it's like anything, you keep putting energy into something and it keeps growing.

https://www.geelongtowtruck.com.au/