SAU Community

M35 Consult Iii/obd Ii Cable And Software?

Vesza

I have the whole service manual if that's what u were after? Let me know what section (s) and I'll upload it. I tried to buy a consult iv reader from China but ended up being messed about for ages and was then told it wouldn't work. Who knows if that was true

• 5 months later...

Does any one know if our Stagea's are J1850 PWM or J1850 VPW protocol???

I successfully connected with my android phone using J1850VPW and got RPM reading (using a cheapo ELM327 bluetooth adapter) but I was under the impression that our ECU's were PWM (pulse width modulation). I did not test any further after RPM feedback so it might be that while I connected under VPW I might have limited sensor readings.

I am getting to the point of frustration that I am maybe going to look into writing my own android app. But having time with work and personal life could be the limiting factor for me.

Our car ECU's are OBDII compliant (at least at the physical level) however there are at least 5 different protocols of OBDII and they can have different initialisation and handshake commands.

I am just trying to source any and all info on our car ECU to scope out the level of difficulty of writing my own app.

Edited by luthepa1

• 2 years later...

Bringing this topic up. I'm looking for info to get access to whatever data I can with an OBD2 standard socket.

Looked into latest versions of Torque app but apparently this ecu hasn't been taken care of yet.

Found some nissan consult projects on github written in python, will give it a go.

That one looks alright : https://github.com/fridlington/K11Consult

From what I could see on forums, the M35 has an OBD2 port but uses Consult 2(/3?) or is it an other physical port in the car with a Consult socket ?

Hopefully I can get one of those python libraries to read the data and make a nice GUI for my tablet :)

Not sure but from what I could see, only the VQ25 is special (how lucky...) and chances are that it will work with standard ODB2 protocols for the VQ35 (could be wrong).

The HKS OB-LINK is still worth $2xx so I will try to get something on my own ^^

I just need to figure out how the HKS plug is wired to actually connect to the ECU, after that, it's just a matter of interpreting the data that comes from it (probably similar to what Consult libraries do if it is really a consult interface with an OBD2 shape).

Best chance is to run some tests and try out different pins until I get a prompt from my console.

Is that strictly for the VQ25 or does it apply to the Vq35 too? It was hard to get anything definitive from the above thread but I gather the Vq35 works ok with the run of the mil scan products?

VQ35 is fine with all the usual options.

My Consult 3 from aliexpress works well....well it works well after I changed the usb cable from a chinese to HP one. The Chinese USB cable had it disconnecting every 5 min.

Enables minor timing adjustment amongst other useful programming and logging functions

• Like 1