SAU Community

M35 Consult Iii/obd Ii Cable And Software?

Vesza

No luck for me on torque. I was already using the init string valf posted. Not convinced my 327 is working. I've heard a great deal of the cheap Chinese 327's have faulty J1850 PWM capability. I've ordered a v-gate from Sydney.

Edited by BoostdR

looks good! is it laggy getting the info to the screen at all?

It's kinda awesome, the more I look the more data I find. Even has stuff I didn't see on my consult 3. Updated with more pics in previous post. Update rate is fine. Best thing is it is stable. No crashes. Let's see if we can log. That would seal the deal.

Update rate is reported as 201ms if I'm reading it correctly

Edited by BoostdR
  • Like 1

I have another Chinese consult 3 on the way which they promise will be stable. Be interesting to find out if the replacement is. Although I think Scotty has a stable consult 3 with a different version of software.

BoostdR, is that with the same elm adapter you tried Torque with?

I've finally received my usb elm adapter, will start trying out things on my side but it's really cool to know HobDrive supports our cars :)

Will use it as a reference to make sure my adapter isn't faulty.

Pretty busy lately so I won't do much coding soon but I'm definitely still keen to get something cool to read sensors and read/reset DTC codes.

Thanks again BoostdR ;)

BoostdR, is that with the same elm adapter you tried Torque with?

I've finally received my usb elm adapter, will start trying out things on my side but it's really cool to know HobDrive supports our cars :)

Will use it as a reference to make sure my adapter isn't faulty.

Pretty busy lately so I won't do much coding soon but I'm definitely still keen to get something cool to read sensors and read/reset DTC codes.

Thanks again BoostdR ;)

No worries Valf. I tried torque today with the new adaptor but had no luck getting it to connect to the adaptor or ecu, I'm sure it's possible for the adaptor anyway. May need to remove all my previous setting and start again.

HobDrive have kindly given me a 50% off coupon code for the app which I am allowed to give to SAU members. I just can't publicly post it. PM me if you would like the code. :D

Matt

Edited by BoostdR
  • Like 2

I might dig out my OBDLink and see if I can get it to work with the HobDrive demo. I never had any luck with their scan tool app, but it'd be a nice win if it works with an alternative app! Im not going to hold my breath though :P

I have the full version up and running, haven't noticed any major difference from the demo version, but it's early days.

I did learn the mini Bluetooth Chinese ELM327's in a version 2.1 don't work as they are a clone chip. The v1.4 and 1.5 are better apparently. Also most android based double din stereos have a non standard cut down Bluetooth stack so most Bluetooth ELM327's don't work anyway.

Anyway the main screen really needs to have the sensors customized to be of value to us. This can be done, but at simple coding level. I'll look at it when I'm at work next.

I haven't had a chance to clear any CEL's as I don't have any atm.

There is some level of graphing/logging for fuel trims and lambda but nothing like torque or Nissan Data Scan offer with selected sensor X-Y axis logging.

There is a fast scan option which looks to double the update rate.

I'll have a read through the manual prob on Sat as I have a couple of cars to dyno tomorrow.

Matt

My replacement consult 3 arrived. It's just as unstable as my original. Seems to be the norm.

I asked hobdrive to customize the general screen to our sensors. Will see how it goes. Been nice and stable for me so far.