SAU Community

Opinion On Kakimoto Regu 06

I got my Skyline early September and it came with a Kakimoto Regu 06 & R.

Its a full Turbo back exhaust, I have done some research on this exahust system, and most people say its very quite until you rev the engine. I find it quite loud and the cops have pulled me over a couple of times and question me about it. :huh::D:):O Most cops just let me off with a warning telling me to change the exhaust system. I drive this car as a daily so cop trouble will be normal.

Every time a cop ask me about my exhaust, I told them that was how the car is when i got it from japan. I just want to know what peoples opinion on this exhaust system is. Like i mention when I did some research and people always say that this exhaust system is suppose to be quite on low RPM.

If its because its a turbo back, that is why its making so much noise, would you think it be a good idea to change it back to cat back or you think its a stupid Idea. :):geek::geek::geek:

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A friend had one on an evo 9, was very quiet running around and let out a loud shriek like it was gating when booted.

Bare in mind this was with a factory dump and next to new/working cat.

and this is why its so quiet...

it's exactly like having a weld in silencer, with < 2 inch exit...

the photos are taken from a newer version of kaki N1, but i think the regu 06 is the same on the r33, not sure about r34, and this exact same design also applies to the rear cannon of R34 GTR super Ti from fujitsubo

thing is, you can't have a cannon style muffler and be quiet without restriction. its just not possible, even if you have a oval resonator in the middle

so if you have a quiet cannon, have a look inside and this is what it's most likely going to have

post-27668-1286105372_thumb.jpg

post-27668-1286105706_thumb.jpg

Edited by chiksluvit

there is no restrictor in the 32gtr regu

and ive sat next to cops and driven past them like an arab on a carpet

ahh that makes sence when i was looking at them pics above i was thinking theres noway my cannon has that in it

Yea, mine definitely doesn't have a scilencer and its a great exhaust. Quiet for when cruising but just right for when you boot it. Cops have never given me any grief. Maybe its not the regu 06&R. Im sure Kakimoto make more race orientated exhausts which would be much louder.

hrm that one in the photo's definitely for turbo r33, its Kakimoto N1 +REV, part number's N31307

same part number for GTST & GTR, 3.5 inch piping

it was ridiculously quiet for 3.5 inch cannon exhaust so i thought i'll check it out, and that's what i found

so i assumed that the regu 06&R probably shares the same design seeing that people say its quiet, thought i haven't heard one on an R32/33/34 in real life

then i thought about my friend's r34 GTR with the quiet fujitsubo, had a look inside and found the same thing

the r34 pulled 260rwkw with that exhaust, PFC and boost controller, and 30,000km but the engine blew after a track day, rods came out from the side of the block

we couldn't figure out why, until i read this http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Da...er-t314520.html so i guessed that this might be a contributing factor

Guys I dont have a silencer as well on mine exhuast i take a picture tonight and post it online. That is most likely why i find it so loud or unless the moron in japan only used the muffler of the regu 06 and did custom piping i take a picture of under the car aswell. I am more of a newbie at this sorry guys.

good to hear that the regu 06 doesn't have that silencer thing welded in like the N1+rev, in that case it's a much better alternative over the N1 and some others like fujitsubo super ti

last time i checked i think Blitz exhaust also shares simillar design, except the silencer opening is a lot bigger than the Kaki N1 +REV

FYI The old kakimoto hyper 2000 N1 or HKS silent hi power and old Apexi n1 don't have it, but they're really loud

Edited by chiksluvit