SAU Community

[Closed] Borg Warner Efr Series Turbos

Lithium

Quote: If your application requires a twin scroll T04 flange, then you're in luck: the twin scroll T04 housing bypasses gasses from both scrolls making this the first aftermarket performance and racing turbocharger to offer a twin scroll internally wastegated turbine housing.

Mmm, nice.

Quote: If your application requires a twin scroll T04 flange, then you're in luck: the twin scroll T04 housing bypasses gasses from both scrolls making this the first aftermarket performance and racing turbocharger to offer a twin scroll internally wastegated turbine housing.

Mmm, nice.

Mitsubishi have had internal waste gate twin scroll turbos since the Evo 4.

Nothing new, but still cool.

BTW, the EFR turbos are at the higher end of the aftermarket turbocharger price spectrum. The reason why is because they are so feature rich........ If you look for quality and don't mind spending a premium then keep reading.

Taken from one of the links... I guess BW turbos had there stint as being very well priced in comparison with Garrett.

??

Friend will be back on deck from sema on tuesday and will hopefully have all the relevant guff we need to make the selection we need.

That and I'm an old prick. would rather have a paper catalogue than the link you posted that wont open for me anyhoos. :ermm:

BTW, the EFR turbos are at the higher end of the aftermarket turbocharger price spectrum. The reason why is because they are so feature rich........ If you look for quality and don't mind spending a premium then keep reading.

Taken from one of the links... I guess BW turbos had there stint as being very well priced in comparison with Garrett.

There are some prices in the link I posted earlier. 2.7k US for the external wg 8374... so over 3k landed. Hopefully these are only preliminary numbers...

nasty pricing

surley they would stick it to garrett by matching prices initially

ill definately be holding off if they cost that much, untill they are proven to be the shit by one of you guys

So nearly $3k for turbo, plus Full-race manifold $2.5k (landed), twin wastegates $300ea; you are over $6k and you have no gaskets, dump pipes, intake pipes... Halve that at $3k and a set of -5's would be fine thanks!

And you get the gaskets lol

is you'll find that the Series EFR turbos are unlikely to directly retrofit into existing T25/28, T3/T4, or GT30/35/40/42 fitments

Indeed a very costly exercise to become a guinea pig!

The BOV placement is interesting, in a space conscious bay, that could be a bit of a problem.

Another possible drawback is that the turbine housings are not available in various A/R sizes due to specific gas flow optimization for the housing and wheel shapes. It is possible that BW may release other A/Rs in the future, but for now the T25 inlet wastegated housing is only available in 0.68a/r, the T3 open volute (single entry) wastegated housing is only available in 0.85a/r, the T4 divided (twin scroll) wastegated housing is only available in 0.95a/r, and the T4 divided (twin scroll) non-wastegated housing is only available in 1.05a/r.

Interesting...

Like the idea of moving the mount points thought, nice and easy.

Well the Sierra Sierra EVO has knocked 2 seconds off its personal best (which happens to have been the lap record for the track, which it took off HKS) at Buttonwillow on the first day of US Superlap using an EFR8374, gotta be promising...

so probably no twin option for a standard capacity GTR hey... if GT-RS size is the smallest they're going... if they have that size that spools like the old 2530s then I'll take 2 thanks;)

they are testing twin turbo IWG applications at the moment on a couple of GTRs. I have some pics but not sure if I can share them yet, but set-up looks good. all that remains to be seen is results. ;)