SAU Community

Aussie Delivered R32 Gtr's

I had to opt out R because the fellow who was going to buy my newly landed R34 GT-R VS2 hasn't called back.

I've decided to stick with the new car - but thanks for your interest. New propellers go on in two wks. Committed now!

• 3 weeks later...

Here you go Tez: http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/private/details.aspx?R=10178535&__Qpb=true&Cr=1&__Ns=pCar_PriceSort_Decimal|1||pCar_RankSort_Int32|1||pCar_Make_String|0||pCar_Model_String|0&keywords=&__N=1216 1246 1247 1252 1282 4294963846 4294963593 4294950696&SearchAction=N&silo=1011&seot=1&tsrc=allcarhome&__Nne=15&trecs=36&__sid=11E182429C71

Time for a drive to the coast?

great thread....and good to meet you at Hills the other day Bob.

Skaifey's old car is also in the NSW club...it won Best r32 at the 21st anniversary cruise.

And I can assure you gibson played with it....it goes very well for a "standard" gtr, about the same power as my n1 spec production race car.

Also I saw both of Kerry Packer's GTRs at Hills Motorsport in the last 12 months. Both also "touched" by gibson with some mods to the bottom end, cams and sump.

• 2 weeks later...

Also I saw both of Kerry Packer's GTRs at Hills Motorsport in the last 12 months. Both also "touched" by gibson with some mods to the bottom end, cams and sump.

funny u say that duncan - my brother in law gets to see packers aussie gtr's in the garage on a daily basis in bellevue hill, he is a packer employee the lucky bugger

hi bob,

in response to your pm from a few weeks ago (as i want to share this with other aust gtr owners) - i finally found a reference in regards to only 67 of 100 aust gtr's were sold in aust :)

refer to paragraph 6 which states the following:

"In 1991 and to capitalise on the car's competition success, Nissan Oz imported a batch of road-going GT-Rs. Just 100 of the 2.6-litre, twin-turboed 'six' with 4WD and four-wheel steer were in the first boatload and priced at $107,000 each. At a time when the cheapest Porsche 911 in the book was worth a neat $60,000 more than the Nissan, hopes were high that those 100 'Zillas would be sold within minutes of word spreading. It didn't happen. At the end of 1992 and coinciding with the car's banishment from Touring Car competition the sales tally stood at 67 cars and Nissan announced that no more would be imported. Officially, anyway."

here is the article:

http://www.uniquecars.carpoint.com.au/portal/alias__uniquecarsau/tabID__203009/ArticleID__5004/DesktopDefault.aspx

hi bob,

in response to your pm from a few weeks ago (as i want to share this with other aust gtr owners) - i finally found a reference in regards to only 67 of 100 aust gtr's were sold in aust :)

refer to paragraph 6 which states the following:

"In 1991 and to capitalise on the car's competition success, Nissan Oz imported a batch of road-going GT-Rs. Just 100 of the 2.6-litre, twin-turboed 'six' with 4WD and four-wheel steer were in the first boatload and priced at $107,000 each. At a time when the cheapest Porsche 911 in the book was worth a neat $60,000 more than the Nissan, hopes were high that those 100 'Zillas would be sold within minutes of word spreading. It didn't happen. At the end of 1992 and coinciding with the car's banishment from Touring Car competition the sales tally stood at 67 cars and Nissan announced that no more would be imported. Officially, anyway."

here is the article:

http://www.uniquecar...topDefault.aspx

Thanks for that........ I did read that article but further investigations have confirmed that the remaining cars were eventually sold. I spoke to an ex-Capital Motors Nissan salesperson who remembers the cars well.

Many of you may not know this but when the VL Group A SS (Walkingshaw not Brock) was released, it was meant to be a 500 build but Holden got greedy and built another 250.

The bulk of these took forever to sell.

I remember going into a Holden dealer early in 1989 looking at buying a VN Executive Station Wagon. A brand new VL GPA was still on display on the showroom floor. They stopped making these in 1987.

The GTR's are much the same however the remaining 33 cars did eventually find homes according to my source..................

Bob.

Edited by Aussie_Delivered_R32_GTR

Thanks for that........ I did read that article but further investigations have confirmed that the remaining cars were eventually sold. I spoke to an ex-Capital Motors Nissan salesperson who remembers the cars well.

Many of you may not know this but when the VL Group A SS (Walkingshaw not Brock) was released, it was meant to be a 500 build but Holden got greedy and built another 250.

The bulk of these took forever to sell.

I remember going into a Holden dealer early in 1989 looking at buying a VN Executive Station Wagon. A brand new VL GPA was still on display on the showroom floor. They stopped making these in 1987.

The GTR's are much the same however the remaining 33 cars did eventually find homes according to my source..................

Bob.

i also remember the vl group ss & looking at a new 1 in a holden yard back in 87 with my dad (he had a torana ss 5ltr hatchback)

what was the split between the red, black & silver when released in terms of numbers?