SAU Community

What Have You Done To Your Stagea Lately?

Hanso

Last weekend, my mate installed the BC BR coilovers on my ARX. Using out of the box height and dampening settings (for now).  Pulled out the Nismo springs which I'll put up for sale later on.

20161008_132808.jpg

20161008_132814.jpg

20161008_132921.jpg

20161008_142103.jpg

• Like 1

Put her in for a safety certificate as she is currently being sold. (Sad couple of weeks ahead). Also need to replace roof lining and install the Greddy Profec B II i have sitting in garage for new owner.

Put on another rear wing.

The silver one was a bit short for my liking.

This one came 1350mm long which I cut down on my drop saw to 1220mm.

Gonna spray my mirrors black too.

Now I can carry sheet material on my roof :happy:

DSC02773.JPG

DSC02789.JPG

DSC02791.JPG

DSC02836.JPG

• Like 1

no mate, they're off ebay

just relocated the mounts to suit the hatch, bolted through into the drain void.

filled and touched up the holes in the wing, underneath and so close to the roof you can't see them

mounted with sikaflexed rubber pads

Edited by conan7772
more info

winter tires changed yesterday. the roads have been covered with ice and snow fell last week, that the earth was white.. 

Jeah winter is coming :15_yum:

IMG-20161101-WA0002.jpg

IMG-20161101-WA0004.jpg

• 1 month later...

Replaced Greddy IGN chip with another one and hey it works, no CEL.

Had Jez replace my rocker gaskets, and while it was apart replaced my injectors.

I had 570cc "Denso Australia" reman injectors, and had terrible starts and poor fuel consumption. 360km to a tank./ 6km per litre.

These also had leak down.

Bought used R35 injectors and what a difference !

Car starts perfectly, economy way way better, 9km per litre, and my exhaust is 10db quieter.

I've been mucking around with silencers trying to get it under 100db with minimal restriction.

These shit injectors, give such bad atomization, hence why I was high risk of DET, causing loud exhaust tone.

Also don't have rough idle anymore, and that rasp in the rev range is almost gone completely.

Thanks Matt for the info.

• Like 3

On 13/12/2016 at 6:19 PM, conan7772 said:

Replaced Greddy IGN chip with another one and hey it works, no CEL.

Had Jez replace my rocker gaskets, and while it was apart replaced my injectors.

I had 570cc "Denso Australia" reman injectors, and had terrible starts and poor fuel consumption. 360km to a tank./ 6km per litre.

These also had leak down.

Bought used R35 injectors and what a difference !

Car starts perfectly, economy way way better, 9km per litre, and my exhaust is 10db quieter.

I've been mucking around with silencers trying to get it under 100db with minimal restriction.

These shit injectors, give such bad atomization, hence why I was high risk of DET, causing loud exhaust tone.

Also don't have rough idle anymore, and that rasp in the rev range is almost gone completely.

Thanks Matt for the info.

wow, no CEL anymore!

Hmm where the hell do I start...

IMG_1482484176.770234.jpg

So I found these three split hoses, one of which seems to have been taped up at some point on both ends because they had splits,

And the other one that goes into the cam cover broke clean out... but that also looks like it had some sealant stuff holding it in there (not sure if that's how it came from the factory)

IMG_1482484319.231359.jpg

So the whole mission was just to get to the spark plugs and coils.. who the heck made this process so long.

IMG_1482484409.718213.jpg

Here's a photo of where the hose broke out of, looks like it kinda just slotted in there without any thing holding it in?

IMG_1482484474.634980.jpg

I finally got to the coils and spark plugs, the coils looked fine and the spark plugs as I've been told looks like they are well used. So I think I'll go and buy some new spark plugs tomorrow because why not lol.

IMG_1482484552.345649.jpg

After all that I still don't really know why I'm getting that rough idle/misfire.

I'll get those hoses replaced and new spark plugs, and if that doesn't clean up this problem then I suppose coils will be next. But then again I might even just buy coils to be safe.

IMG_1482484662.477040.jpg

And just a photo with the "import" monster drink haha

• 2 weeks later...

Hooked up an old school Tomei boost gauge with recall/warning/max ......etc but i don't know how to use it yet. PM Tomei on facebook, they actually replied but it's so old they don't have any instruction for it :).

Tomei gauge.jpg

• Like 3