SAU Community

What Have You Done To Your Stagea Lately?

Hanso

Fueled up after a full tank of my normal driving with putting the foot down a couple of times to ahem... Blow the cobwebs out. 50/50 open road and city driving.

350RX 616.5km 67.3L which by my maths is 9.16km/L and pretty much about same as what I was getting from the 250RS. :)

Replaced all the door speakers - I thought they were original factories all round but no, only in the front. The rears had an amazing $11 pair that took the quality of the sound right out of the 50's and into 1960's spec! :P

6.5 inch all round, used the original plastic mounts, cutters and a power drill to get the fronts sitting nicely :D

Today I have made a double din surround facia for my sony dvd player. I made it from balsa wood and will be fibreglassing it tomorrow then painting it black to tie in with my unit.

I have also installed a cigerette socket into the rear wall compartment for when I travel with my engal fridge. post-77821-0-23273700-1419751418_thumb.jpg

In the last few weeks my Stagea has been detailed within an inch of it's life by a good mate, and as is the fashion in recent times killed a rear wheel bearing an destroyed the stub axle.

Managed to accumulate all the necessary parts juuuust in time to get it all together for the Christmas break.

Other than that, she's just been belting along happily about the place filled with kids, bikes, presents, drunk mates, and my bloody mother...

• Like 1

In the last few weeks my Stagea has been detailed within an inch of it's life by a good mate, and as is the fashion in recent times killed a rear wheel bearing an destroyed the stub axle.

Managed to accumulate all the necessary parts juuuust in time to get it all together for the Christmas break.

Other than that, she's just been belting along happily about the place filled with kids, bikes, presents, drunk mates, and my bloody mother...

Damn mothers ruining all the fun

• Like 1

Swapped out my o2 sensor. After spending an hour attempting to mangle the old one out, I finally found the perfect socket designed for it. This + short extender + half inch rachet and half a second of effort to loosen it up to unscrew out.

12 bucks too, thanks Beeps Auto Parts!

Now to see if the new one makes a difference..

• Like 1

Finished installing cruise control kit from Commsman, all good! Used an Axxess SWC interface with the factory switches and my Alpine head unit, works perfectly.

Put on my brand new, second hand front quarter panel to fix my roo damage. Love Yahoo Japan, $21 with indicator! (plus freight of course). Just had to swap the grey trim piece. No $550 excess, claim against my name, car gone for a week or newly painted panel next to 10 year old paint.

Found this rubber drain under the battery compartment when I removed the quarter which was clogged with dirt and leaves and bugs and ewoks, remember reading somewhere about this compartment filling up with water and corroded third fuse boxes. Might pay to clean out the other side as well.

post-135423-0-36941900-1420069284_thumb.jpgpost-135423-0-97599100-1420069306_thumb.jpg

Next project:

post-135423-0-80202700-1420069438_thumb.jpg

Going to take off the front bumper to see what size cooler I can fit (think I'll go for a PWR)

• Like 2

Started changing the oil last night with the car on the ground, naturally I fumbled the sump plug and lost sight of it. Ragequit and went back to it this morning. Cue 10 minutes of fumbling round in the drain pan, first with a random piece of bark, then with my fingers, all to no avail. Eventually found it trapped in the top side of the undertray. Sigh.

It's still not really burning any oil though, I'm getting out almost as much as I'm putting in despite the enthusiastic driving it gets every now and then.

Drilled new holes to lift the number plate up a bit to cover the raised area on the bumper and then cut out the lower grill which was cracked and faded and replaced it with black mesh. It's only the stock bumper (and it needs a good cut and polish) but I think it looks a bit neater.

post-135423-0-03085500-1420945413_thumb.jpgpost-135423-0-98814400-1420945440_thumb.jpg

It's wet here also.

Not to the Stagea but from a Stagea.

Slipped a Neo into the R32. Cant wait for the grunt.

High mount and FFP etc.

Edited by 66yostagea
  • Like 1