SAU Community

What Have You Done To Your Stagea Lately?

Hanso

Hi Zach,

That's "interesting"...running different width wheels...have you had any issues with respect to the Attessa?

No issues after 6 months although I was a little concerned at first. Keeping wheel alignment and balance in check probably helps too.

I still have the urge to go 10" all round with 255, that'd sit noice ;)

Thanks Dale and KiwiRS4T.

Dale yeah I got the lines made up at Pritek.

Brick I bought all the parts separately and yeah the sandwich plate is a Mocal thermostatic one.

Didn't even think about an airlock issue I'll have a look how much play I have with the lines to try mount on top of the Reo bar. The lines are quite stiff though as they are steel braided inside and fittings are fixed in there orientation. Having to buy new lines to run in a different mounting spot will suck but I'll take a shit at it.

Why not just flip the cooler and make up some basic brackets to support the cooler?

If it were mine, I would make up two long C shaped brackets which would support each side mounting tab of the cooler and allow you to screw it onto the top of the reo.

Nice and sturdy :)

Edited by iamhe77

I would do that but as mentioned it the line are fixed in there orientation meaning that I can't rotate the end fittings so leaves me with limited fitting locations. It is mounted nice and sturdy in its current location just means I'll have to unmount it and flip in every oil change to make sure there is no airlock

I would do that but as mentioned it the line are fixed in there orientation meaning that I can't rotate the end fittings so leaves me with limited fitting locations. It is mounted nice and sturdy in its current location just means I'll have to unmount it and flip in every oil change to make sure there is no airlock

That's exactly why I make my own lines to suit. The black Kevlar lines are the best I have found.

Who is game to run the new Hypergear turbo on their M35? Should make over 300awkw on petrol with the right supporting mods.

38mm wastegate and massive turbine flow capability with billet compressor. Should get your whale moving along nicely. :)

post-63525-0-77758000-1425443932_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

That's exactly why I make my own lines to suit. The black Kevlar lines are the best I have found.

Who is game to run the new Hypergear turbo on their M35? Should make over 300awkw on petrol with the right supporting mods.

38mm wastegate and massive turbine flow capability with billet compressor. Should get your whale moving along nicely. :)

How much are they asking? This gives me much interst

How much are they asking? This gives me much interst

$1250, same price as the SS2 apparently. Should be equivalent to a GTX3071 internal gate Garrett setup in terms of response he tells me.

I have this one for sale, so I can do change over for your blown turbo, or sell it outright for a little more.

• Like 1

Should be equivalent to a GTX3071 internal gate Garrett setup in terms of response he tells me.

How is the GTX3071 in terms of response (if you know off the top of your head without me having to do a simple search) :whistling:

I am looking into a few other things at present but more power may indeed be on the cards later this year (maybe)

$1250, same price as the SS2 apparently. Should be equivalent to a GTX3071 internal gate Garrett setup in terms of response he tells me.

I have this one for sale, so I can do change over for your blown turbo, or sell it outright for a little more.

My turbo isn't blown and I don't see blowing any time soon. But the SS1 just doesn't have the go I am after. Not in any rush to swap it over right now but this will probably be what I do swap it to when I am ready. 300 plus on 98 makes me get the fizzles down stairs haha

The SS2 comes on hard well under 3k once tuned, this may be around 3500, but no-one has run one up as yet. it's all an unknown. It should outdo my external setup given the numbers he is quoting me, with better response. Mine doesn't hit hard till 3700-3800 but I run the .82 rear not a .63 stocker.

• Like 1

I run a ss2 now, as you know, with emanage and only one initial tune and it certainly doesn't come on hard well before 3000rpm. Sure it's not far off but still...

I am starting to think i need to bin the ECU and go stand alone or look to other tuners to have a crack with it.

I will look into it once i have finished my current projects

commitment mate... that's why!! :P... after all, I read in an old manual conversion thread you had a 350z 6 speed and other bits and yet your M35 is still auto :yucky:

Before I decide to screw more power into my M35 I would be doing the manual job first (if only it wasn't such a unknown exercise)

commitment mate... that's why!! :P... after all, I read in an old manual conversion thread you had a 350z 6 speed and other bits and yet your M35 is still auto :yucky:

Before I decide to screw more power into my M35 I would be doing the manual job first (if only it wasn't such a unknown exercise)

I have a 300kw evo now that's sucking up all my hard earned. :P

You are welcome to buy the box and Nismo twin plate off me. haha.

What price are you looking for scott ?

Outright? Add $400 and I will send it over Josh. You know you want it... ;)

I have a 300kw evo now that's sucking up all my hard earned. :P

You are welcome to buy the box and Nismo twin plate off me. haha.

Valid reason I guess.

I'll be in touch re: the box/clutch :P

Hi Scott,

What would "happen" if I had you to the swapover and install this without a tune? Or is it mandatory that this requires a tune to get it up and running

How long has stao had this out? I just got my billet high flow 2 weeks ago off him but he never mentioned it was new? It looks to be the same unless he's changed something I can't see in the pic....