SAU Community

What Have You Done To Your Stagea Lately?

Hanso

Put 79.48 litres of fuel in my tank.

That's a new record.

I would've started looking for a leak when it hit 70! Good one.

Ordered premium plates just for cosmetic reasons. South Australia premium plates look much better on Jap cars if you use a large rear (on the rear) + a normal rear (on the front).

I've also saved probably twice as much cash as i need to look at better tuning for the M35 plus i'm still holding onto the Manual dream.

I've got the larger plate on the front and rear, I think it looks okay - it admittedly came that way from the previous owner but I never even contemplated getting a standard front.

What are you thinking in terms of tuning options next?

Today replaced a cracked LH rear rotor and dogbone that had a broken bolt in it. Got the bitz from the Dayz.

I need the parts back so if anyone has bits please PM or 0439100207

Today replaced a cracked LH rear rotor and dogbone that had a broken bolt in it. Got the bitz from the Dayz.

How did you manage to crack a rotor?
  • Like 1

what are you running the dogbones for are you using different calipers on the rear? Edited by Lakes101

What are you thinking in terms of tuning options next?

Still planning at this stage as i've been fair busy of late... i always tend to be able to save a lot of cash when i'm busy with stuff.

It will have to be something stand alone (Haltech or whatever) but i am trying to get time to speak with local tuners. I'll see what sort of power it makes with my current set up and then i may have a look at any advancements in Hypergear units since the original SS2. this car is my daily so i'm looking for a nice balance between peak and response (i'm quite happy with the SS2 so it may make no sense to change anything)

In my opinion the dream is to go manual with some form of stand alone tuning option which i'm trying to optimistic and make forward steps. I've saved up easily enough $$$$ to do the job it's just not so easy getting things off the ground.

Once i have something to share i'll most certainly do so...

• Like 1

How did you manage to crack a rotor?

Dont know. I think it got metal to metal and over heated The crack is radial on both sides.. But have no idea how the fixing bolt sheared. It appears to be an old break

Edited by 66yostagea

Changed the front struts. Holy crap the springs in these are solid, I destroyed a set of compressors on them, and even the large press at the local suspension shop was creaking a bit.

I didn't follow any specific guide to get them out, I have a Haynes manual for 350Z/G35 which was only handy for torque values since, well, it's a Haynes manual. To get the assembly out I removed the curved steel link (technical term ahoy!) that runs from the LCA to the bottom of the strut. Should the nut at the LCA end be loctited on? It runs through a bush and was pretty tough to crack. It also looks like the nut holding the brake line to the strut had some kind on loctite on it too, which seems like overkill for the job.

Also I really, really enjoyed trying to get to the left-side innermost strut mount bolt, thoughtfully positioned beneath two A/C pipes and two wiring conduits. Much swearing ensued.

• Like 2

Recently installed the following on my RS4S:

Cusco Castor Rods

Cusco Front Upper Camber Arms

Hardrace Rear Upper Camber Arms

Enkei RPF1 18x9.5+15

Went to see Brian (ex Group A suspension Engineer) for an alignment which he runs out of his garage

FL Camber: -2.2

FR Camber: -2.0

FL Caster: 5.5

FR Caster: 5.25

RL Camber: -1

RR Camber: -1

Rear Toe: 1mm Toe in

Track = even

Car feels great! Massive improvement in handling, plow under steer has gone and turn in has improved dramatically!

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/noble-park/wheels-tyres-rims/work-meister-s1-3piece-for-swaps-or-sale-/1083914512

Why do you tempt me so gumtree!!!

WHY!!!

(anyone live near Greater Dandenong that can inspect for me????? :P )

Actually these are staggered.... Altessa won't enjoy that i assume :(

As long as your tyre size is the same it will be fine

Thats rolling diameter yeah... width makes no difference? (why would it....)

I just need to double check that offset for an M35. 10's on the back would require some guard rolling i assume but thats easy

In other news my M35 will be up on the hoist today with a mate who i am annoying (maybe a little too much) to get his head around manual conversion ideas. I have read about it more times than i can count on various SAU threads but action needs to be taken. Measurements need to be looked at i guess and while people say what will fit and what to use it all needs to be confirmed before i throw any $$$ down.

Then will come the tuning headaches...

Edited by Beregron

OK so a bit for forum trolling tells me that 9.5 +30 should only require slight guard rolling on an M35 and the fronts i'm looking at are 9 +33 so should be ok....

Rears are 10 +18 which is a heap of dish so perhaps that's where the problems will be... i need to find something to test fit that's similar

Hmmmm...

Lets see...

Rear adjustable camber arms, coilovers, wheel alignment, HKS exhaust, luggage lamp, and getting detailed tomorrow before the SAU QLD charity cruise.

• Like 1

A new set of Yellowjackets and spark plugs. Also found some time to swap out some new leds for the climate control. No more warnings and now I can see what climate control is doing in the dark - glorious!

Just LPG'd my C34.

Long process involved which started back in September last year.

Long story short:

Stock fuel tank removed. Spare wheel well cut out. Boot floor welded flat. Fit replacement 32 litre alloy fuel tank, with in tank Walbro fuel pump. Fit external mounted 85 litre LPG tank to underside of boot floor. Run car like this for 6 months with a noisy Walbro. I need to get into the tank and fit some baffling around the pump.

Fitted the LPG kit a few weeks ago. My installer struggled to get the plenum off but managed to get it eventually. Looks untidy, but hey the rest of the car isnt much to look at either! Said he would never take on another Stagea install again!

Anyway, LPG is in and running. Managed to get the equivalent of 42mpg from the first fill up. For the AUS guys, super unleaded (97-99 RON) here is around £1.30p, I'm paying £0.43p for LPG! Since then one (or two) of the injectors have failed and are stuck permanently open. Likely due to the injectors being in crappy storage conditions for 18 months after I ripped it from my old Legnum. Need to replace the faulty ones next week along with changing the throttle body.

Then to tackle the wing mirror rust in August, and get the strut tower tops welded as there is some rust coming through.