SAU Community

Blue Slip In Sydney ?

RBEE

Hi fellow Skyliners,

I have a R33 (1997 series 2 GTS25t) that's been unregistered since 2005 and it's been garaged all this time - it's been turned over and warmed up every weekend so it's all good in that aspect.

Now, what I want to know is, I plan to get it registered in the next few weeks and it requires a blue slip. It's relatively stock except for

* Frontmount Intercooler - installed properly with brackets

* A really quiet exhaust that it came from Japan with

* Set of 19 inch rims

* M-sport front bumper & 400R side skirts

* Rear seat removed - I want to register it as a two-seater.

I mean....it's still got the factory air induction box ffs !

Does anybody know of someone that does blue slips in western Sydney that's not so strict in regards to minor modifications ? I'll pay the extra few dollars for a blind mechanic if need be - if you know what I mean *wink* *wink* :)

Your help is much appreciated.

Edited by RBEE

where in sydney?

I'm also semi curious about this.. i'm kinda in the same boat... i've just been spending a fair bit of time returning some bits to stock but it still have some mods i dont want to bother changing.

where in sydney?

I'm also semi curious about this.. i'm kinda in the same boat... i've just been spending a fair bit of time returning some bits to stock but it still have some mods i dont want to bother changing.

I'm between Blacktown and Parramatta out west

I searched around a bit and got recommanded the following people

* Hami LPG - Blacktown - Some indian guy that really hates oil leaks but usually pass most things that arent too out-of-this-world

* Zec - Castlehill

* Eastern Creek Smash Repairs

Please let me know if anybody has had experience with any of these places in relations to blue slips....Thanks.

i think what he's saying is if any shop is letting something a bit dodgy through to save you some hassles then you shouldnt post their name on a public forum. OP would have been better off asking people to pm him.

Thanks evil_weevil, I'll try those place next week and see what they say.

180_mph, seriously man, why wouldn't I post the easy-blue-slippers here ? Wouldn't it make life easier for others in the same boat as me ? Besides, blue slips aren't something that's needed everyday.

Plus it's extra business for the mechanic........so it's a win-win-win situation for all involved.

Gregor, at no stage did I mention the term 'dodgy' lol I said 'blind mechanic' just so that I'm not discriminating against the disabled LOL ;)

Edited by RBEE

180, evil-weevil is NOT stating that these two workshops are dodgy, just that they may be able to help obtain a blue slip. Both places are reputable, and I seriously doubt either one of them would risk their reputation and business licences for the sake of some clown with an extra $50-100 (or whatever) on top of the cost.

RBEE, if you really ARE looking for a dodgy/easy blue-slip, then asking for one on an online, public forum is pretty damned dumb.

Here's something that everyone should think about: if you manage to easily get a car back on the road with an even slightly dodgy blue or pink slip for your car, how many cars do you think this same place has passed for blue or pink slips that aren't even close to road-worthy?

This is why we have THIS thread: http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/228238-read-this-whos-the-best-tunerworkshopresprayerdetaileretc/