SAU Community

Whiteline Nm35 Stagea Sway Bar Group Buy

Daleo

I'd like to get some bits if they are compatible.

Does anyone know if these will fit a 2007 rear wheel drive PM35?

>I can PM the VIN if required.

Edited by DrMoShen
  • Like 1

The rear should.....front would be more inline with a V35 me thinks!

PM sent

The rear should.....front would be more inline with a V35 me thinks!

+1 for rear; it will fit. I know PN-Mad's front was identical to the NM35, but I'd be guessing your front is likely to be closer to a 350z bar. Sway bar - 32mm heavy duty blade adjustable; BNF33Z

Having said that, back to back, the 350z is the same width, and only differs due to the room required to clear the sump/front diff on awd versions.

Edited by Daleo

Hi Dale

how are the numbers stacking up? Do you have enough interest in the GB?

(This is a bump I suppose).

Just sent you a PM.

Numbers are good mate,:banana: 15 parties telling me they're in, 3 confirmed payments.

The Group Buy will be closing once I have 10 cleared payments, because the first shipment of bars is 10 sets.

There will be further Group Buys as long as there is interest, but the 2nd Group buy will have to wait until the second shipment arrives.

Not cracking the whip, but if people wait, you may miss the first run.

Thanks for your support guys.:thumbsup:

Does anyone have experience of these or simmilar on rough potholed tar roads? I have an ARX with stock suspension (70k on it) and rubbish potholed roads where I live. Will these sway bar have an impact on the ability of the suspension to deal with sharp bumps and potholes?

:thanks:

Does anyone have experience of these or similar on rough potholed tar roads? I have an ARX with stock suspension (70k on it) and rubbish potholed roads where I live. Will these sway bar have an impact on the ability of the suspension to deal with sharp bumps and potholes?

I put my sway bars on my ARX before I replaced the suspension and the result was a car that was far firmer in suspension than the horrible worn out wallowing ones I had on. It was now more comfortable making the shock maybe 10% stiffer. I don't think you will be disappointing with the improvement.

Cheers

Andy

Does anyone have experience of these or simmilar on rough potholed tar roads? I have an ARX with stock suspension (70k on it) and rubbish potholed roads where I live. Will these sway bar have an impact on the ability of the suspension to deal with sharp bumps and potholes?

Absolutely, my local roads are far from billiard table smooth. You will notice some increase in harshness over potholed surfaces.

Uprating swaybars has a side effect of increasing the overall effective spring rate over SINGLE wheel bumps and potholes. This is because the heavier swaybar resists the force applied the single wheel by the surface change, due to its greater stiffness.

Over bumps and joins that effect BOTH wheels, the swaybar is moving in unison with the front wheels equally, and has no aparrent effect. This is due to the fact that both wheels are doing the same thing at the same time.

One interesting effect I have noticed with heavier swaybars, is the resistance to bottoming out the suspension over single wheel bumps, which I actually consider to be a positive.

Overall; I would happily trade a small increase in harshness, for the massive increase in stability and directness that swaybars give.

Also given that the Group Buy sway bars are adjustable, you have the opportunity to tune the exact amount of response and directness, versus harshness that suit your individual preference and your driving style.

Hope this answers your questions.

Cheers, Dale.

why a max limit of 10 ?

Principally, because the first shipment is 10 sets of bars. I won't promise something I cannot deliver in a fair time period. There will be a second shipment shortly after this one, so it will not be a long wait. I will continue while ever there is demand; I don't want anyone to miss out.

The second reason is one of simple logistics; Anything larger than this can become a bit unwieldy. To be honest; the demand for these bars has been amazing. Just to give you an idea; I've received roughly 40 PM's regarding this group buy already, most of which have required research and detailed responses. I want to be able to deliver these kits with the minimum delay and no mistakes. That way no-one is kept waiting when they've paid a considerable amount of money.

I'll be keeping the thread updated as the orders fill, that way everyone knows where we are at. Currently I have 3 cleared payments and one that will clear today most likely.

I hope you understand that my priority is providing the best possible service in the quickest timeframe, anything else just wouldn't be fair.

In your particular situation, I'm having trouble finding a freight method that will deliver to NZ for less than $200. If anyone can suggest something more affordable; please PM me.

Cheers, Dale.

Absolutely, my local roads are far from billiard table smooth. You will notice some increase in harshness over potholed surfaces.

Uprating swaybars has a side effect of increasing the overall effective spring rate over SINGLE wheel bumps and potholes. This is because the heavier swaybar resists the force applied the single wheel by the surface change, due to its greater stiffness.

Over bumps and joins that effect BOTH wheels, the swaybar is moving in unison with the front wheels equally, and has no aparrent effect. This is due to the fact that both wheels are doing the same thing at the same time.

One interesting effect I have noticed with heavier swaybars, is the resistance to bottoming out the suspension over single wheel bumps, which I actually consider to be a positive.

Overall; I would happily trade a small increase in harshness, for the massive increase in stability and directness that swaybars give.

Also given that the Group Buy sway bars are adjustable, you have the opportunity to tune the exact amount of response and directness, versus harshness that suit your individual preference and your driving style.

Hope this answers your questions.

Cheers, Dale.

Principally, because the first shipment is 10 sets of bars. I won't promise something I cannot deliver in a fair time period. There will be a second shipment shortly after this one, so it will not be a long wait. I will continue while ever there is demand; I don't want anyone to miss out.

The second reason is one of simple logistics; Anything larger than this can become a bit unwieldy. To be honest; the demand for these bars has been amazing. Just to give you an idea; I've received roughly 40 PM's regarding this group buy already, most of which have required research and detailed responses. I want to be able to deliver these kits with the minimum delay and no mistakes. That way no-one is kept waiting when they've paid a considerable amount of money.

I'll be keeping the thread updated as the orders fill, that way everyone knows where we are at. Currently I have 3 cleared payments and one that will clear today most likely.

I hope you understand that my priority is providing the best possible service in the quickest timeframe, anything else just wouldn't be fair.

In your particular situation, I'm having trouble finding a freight method that will deliver to NZ for less than $200. If anyone can suggest something more affordable; please PM me.

Cheers, Dale.

well keep me posted and ill see if i can sort anything on this side but still keen on the whole set

Hi Dale - did you get my pm?

Sorry mate, had my reply in preview, not send :blush:. PM replied.

Edited by Daleo

Update!

I've been in contact with my supplier, he has confirmed the bars are roughly 2-3 weeks away!:banana: We are now 2 weeks from the closure of the Group Buy.

I currently have 6 complete kit payments, and numerous payments for link and mount sets.

I have almost finished the first 10 sets of Heavy Duty Stainless mounts. I should have several sets to show at the Sydney meet up this weekend.

Again, to those who've paid already; thanks for your support! To everyone else; looking forward to hearing from you.

Cheers, Dale.

Here are some pics of the Heavy Duty mounts for the Sway Bars; 5mm extruded 316 Stainless Steel; won't rust, bend or fracture.thumbsup.gif

post-61153-0-82860600-1301888445_thumb.jpg post-61153-0-25156200-1301888484_thumb.jpg post-61153-0-32777900-1301888528_thumb.jpg

Or you could just use these...whistling.gif

post-61153-0-88487600-1301888745_thumb.jpg