Photo

Drillers Offsider

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic
Ok I have just been offered a drillers offsider position and I can choice either surface or underground.
Just wondering if anyone here has any experience in the drilling industry.

Both positions are fifo, 2 and 1 roster and pretty similar pay. (underground slightly more)

Posted 15 March 2011 - 11:53 PM

http://www.flickr.co...arringtonscott/

1993 R33 - GTST
277RWHP
13.6sec @ 110mph

• Car(s):R33 GTST 2010 Vitara
i had this a few years ago(not with drilling). experienced in open cut and thought about u/g but thought for only $2 difference why go down.they preferred i stuck with open cut anyway. from what ive seen it looks like a very phsyical job and you would sleep well at night. what sites are available?

Posted 16 March 2011 - 12:21 AM

Only thing open was an Asian massage parlour and that Pancake place in the city, of course we did both.

• bubba
  • Members

• 19209 posts
  • Car(s):R34 coupe & RS4Vs2
If you have the choice, don't go underground.

Posted 16 March 2011 - 11:24 AM

lol k cheers, talked to a few underground guys at telfer who made it very tempting but will stick to surface for the moment.

Posted 17 March 2011 - 04:15 PM

1993 R33 - GTST
277RWHP
13.6sec @ 110mph

• Car(s):The Devine Wind
Personally, I would tend to take the advice of people who have actually worked underground, as opposed to people sitting behind a monitor...

Posted 17 March 2011 - 04:35 PM

want to help get SAUWA back up and running? Feel like a cruise? Maybe even an epic feed?

click me!!!

Yeah dont worry I don't make big decisions from info on the net lol, after speaking to people that work underground seems if your with the right company at the right site its well worth it but as I am unsure where I would be located id prefer to stay on the surface.

Posted 17 March 2011 - 05:00 PM

1993 R33 - GTST
277RWHP
13.6sec @ 110mph

• Car(s):R33, 80 series
i work underground, what sort of offsider? we talking nipper or diamond drill offsider?

Posted 14 August 2011 - 05:41 PM

sauwa member no. 252

i work underground, what sort of offsider? we talking nipper or diamond drill offsider?

Diamond drilling mate. Eventually went underground and loved it but had a run in with supervisor lol.... now Im on the surface with another company. Would like to go back underground but as a nipper/truckie, as diamond drilling is crap haha
What site you at?

Posted 24 August 2011 - 10:32 PM

1993 R33 - GTST
277RWHP
13.6sec @ 110mph

• Car(s):ER34
is it possible to get a job on the mines without HR licence?? really keen to earn some decent coin

Posted 27 September 2011 - 11:03 PM

• meat
  • Members

• 3175 posts
  • Car(s):VT Wagon, HQ tonner.
Aren't we all.

I missus' dad and mum both work in the resource industry
Mum is at perth mint gold refinery
And the dad is up on some three rivers site.

Only reason I haven't been able to work up there is due to not having any of the needed qualifications.

Posted 28 September 2011 - 02:59 PM

• Car(s):R33 GTST 2010 Vitara

is it possible to get a job on the mines without HR licence?? really keen to earn some decent coin

depends what you wanna do. if you want to drive trucks then prob not. but if your on the tools/driller etc then you should be ok. some places will organise cops to come to site when they have a group of people who need HR. maybe get HR learners permit to show your interested?

Posted 29 September 2011 - 12:04 AM

Only thing open was an Asian massage parlour and that Pancake place in the city, of course we did both.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users