SAU Community

Lambchop With A Renault Axis Here...

WAGON_BOY

Tell me about it...almost as bad as injectors cutting out when switching fuel on the move...and having no power for 20 sec!!

redline cut out ??? ROFL

"switching fuel" - are u also running LPG or something ?

redline cut out ??? ROFL

"switching fuel" - are u also running LPG or something ?

Yep...had Liquid Injection LPG installed in my car...was running ok but after it being tuned to make 250awkw I'm having issues switching fuel on the move. Sometimes when it switches I hit some sort of fuel cut and it takes a little while for the gas system to deliver enough juice to get the engine going...at best it'll splutter and slow down...at worst it'll stall.

Had it happen on the freeway once...NOT FUN!!!

Yep...had Liquid Injection LPG installed in my car...was running ok but after it being tuned to make 250awkw I'm having issues switching fuel on the move. Sometimes when it switches I hit some sort of fuel cut and it takes a little while for the gas system to deliver enough juice to get the engine going...at best it'll splutter and slow down...at worst it'll stall.

Had it happen on the freeway once...NOT FUN!!!

just keep the Gas tank topped up? lol aren't you happy with 250kw on gas? i think its insane!

or you could just continue to run e85. couldnt believe i filled up a whole tank for $65

Its obviously not a full tank mate. You sender sounds a bit weird, it was doing the same thing on the dyno remember. No wonder you have been complaining about low Km's from a tank...

Hmm what do u mean?

I get this issue even with a full tank...I think. Its pretty random, doesn't happen all the time. Now I just sit until it switches to gas then start driving...not a huge deal I suppose!

I'll get the gas installer to check it out...

Edited by ironpaw

Its obviously not a full tank mate. You sender sounds a bit weird, it was doing the same thing on the dyno remember. No wonder you have been complaining about low Km's from a tank...

sender? the thing that reads the level of fuel???

yeh im gonna go buy a jerry, and actually let it completely run out. and see what actually happens. - but in saying that it is abit strange coz the tank said empty when we did the fuel pump, and there was still quite abit of fuel in there.

the fuel pump assembly is $400 though from nissan. but i think that includes the pump.

but i filled up about 50 litres at the pump. does that sound right?

yeh lol i just realised that.

i think something may be wrong with the level thing in the tank..

it was doing it on the dyno aswell.. as if someone had added fuel to the tank.

maybe my cars haunted.

finished fabricating the piece for the airfilter box today, cost under $20 in materials but the time i spent in fab. i could have just bought the thing from nissan LOL.

still gotta paint it so it doesnt stand out like dogs balls.

post-83704-0-21473300-1300923386_thumb.jpg

post-83704-0-52732200-1300923417_thumb.jpg

Dude, that looks fcuking factory...how long did it take you to make that?

You'd make a nice profit selling these on here :whistling:

Is it lined with rubber up top?

took me fricken ages (a period over 3 days....... probly 8hrs)

first a carboard template of the bottom (airbox etc) , then a carboard template of the bonnet (top).

made the final one out of 0.9mm metal, put the rubber strip on the top.......... then to finish it off rubbed vaso on the rubber and closed the bonnet, any highs would leave vaso on the bonnet and tweaked it untill perfect :)

rubber ontop of the metal strip but no rubber on the bonnet......... could use some foam with double sided tape on the bonnet but i dont think there is a need to.

Edited by WAGON_BOY

took me fricken ages (a period over 3 days....... probly 8hrs)

first a carboard template of the bottom (airbox etc) , then a carboard template of the bonnet (top).

made the final one out of 0.9mm metal, put the rubber strip on the top.......... then to finish it off rubbed vaso on the rubber and closed the bonnet, any highs would leave vaso on the bonnet and tweaked it untill perfict :)

rubber intop of the metal strip but no rubber on the bonnet......... could use some sponge with double sided tape on the bonnet but i dont think there is a need to.

Given you now have a custom prototype.. replicate it! http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-Make-Your-Own-Prototypes-%3a-How-to-make-your/ there may be better tutorials for making vacuum molds etc just an idea though. Id buy one too :)