SAU Community

Lambchop With A Renault Axis Here...

WAGON_BOY

i havnt had an engine light on the F-CON since i cleared up my water damage in my harness.

clear dash except the airbag one :verymad:

No engine light since resetting mine, I have done over 1000ks now. :)

thanks for the offer Russell but I'll see how it goes for now haven't had any drama's yet and I've put my old afm back in.

the problem with Scotty's afm is I'll need to get a retune anyways :( or put a resistor on it to get the correct values like the stock one.

Why haven't you gone to a MAP sensor tune yet?

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

well I had a metal to metal scraping noise coming from the passengers side front wheel checked the brake out a few times and didn't seem to be rubbing so I replaced the wheel bearing only to find the noise was still there afterwards......... hhmmm wonder if its a CV ??? :(

• 1 month later...

Okay i have a strange metal on metal scrapping noise its been driving me mad for a few months coming from the front passengers side.

firstly it does it mainly when coasting along as soon as you hit the throttle even a little bit it stops, and doesnt really make a difference if its loaded or unloaded.

so far I've checked the brakes, even went as far as pulling them off to inspect them. (sounded like a stone could've been stuck in it but wasn't) BTW i checked this multipul times.

then i bit the bullet and replaced the wheel bearing as its probably copped a hiding especially on the ripple strips at the track but the noise was still there.

next i thought I'd get the disc machined just in case, no difference.

still looking i thought the only other thing it could be would be the CV / drive shaft so i replaced that as well with no avail.

got to thinking maybe the front diff was on the way out and transmitting the noise out onto the wheel so i drained the fluid and everything looked pretty typical no major metal fillings and the fluid looked pretty clean.

so just incase its got anything to do with the gearbox I'm currently replacing the fluid in that as well ( doesn't go astray as its probably been 4 years since it was changed and i mainly drive in manual mode)

now I'm out of idea's and its driving me mad!!!

maybe the new wheel bearing was pressed in badly i dunno but it made the same sound minutes after it was changed from the old one.......

please i need your help before i go nuts!!!

You tried putting it up on stands and hunting out where the noise is coming from?

My first thoughts was disc rubbing on stone shield or even the bottom hub alloy thing.

I know my GTR discs rubbed on them before I adjusted them...

• 7 months later...

It's been ages since I've posted here just over 110,000km and still going strong!!!

only thing that needs doing atm is regas the rear struts for the tailgate, it's one of those things PITA to organize and have time to get it done HAHA or I'm just to lazy and have better things to do with my spare time

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 3 months later...

Its a SAD day, the Stagea went to its new home Yesterday, I hope the new owner loves it and looks after it as much as i have......

I know I'm  pretty much the last of the originals so if anyone's left and reading this i thank you all for the journey its been great!!!

This isn't the end for me, i love this club and will continue to be a part of the regular SAUNSW events etc.

Peace, Lambchops!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WAGON_BOY said:

Its a SAD day, the Stagea went to its new home Yesterday, I hope the new owner loves it and looks after it as much as i have......

I know I'm  pretty much the last of the originals so if anyone's left and reading this i thank you all for the journey its been great!!!

This isn't the end for me, i love this club and will continue to be a part of the regular SAUNSW events etc.

Peace, Lambchops!!!

Hope its gone to a good home!

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...