SAU Community

Its Time To Track My Gtr

Ive done plenty of track work in my previous cars but zero with the GTR.

I currently have the Willal y-pipe/cat back + Willal tune.

Looking at an 18 or 19in wheel and tyre combo and rotors/pads.

Question is what size/offset wheels and tyre size suits and advice on rotors and pads.

Budget would be $8-10K for the lot.

I know I will go faster on slicks but would rather go with an "R" spec tyre (dont really want to smoke 4 x $800 slicks for one track day)

Will be doing recreational track days and the occasional supersprint

Kev

Edited by Speedah

I have a set of brand new ccw wheels in 18 inch with same offsets all round. Mounted on re55 rubber, new. Offsets allow wheel rotation. Perfect package except for me as I have widebody kit now and John from ccw screwed up my order. pm if interested.

As for rotors go for ap racing slotted and endless mx72 pads for street/track combo.

All up this type of setup is around 10k

If i was starting again with (with tracking a GTR) the first thing i would do is immediately get some used michelin 270/68/18" slicks and a set of enkie GTC-01 (18x10x22). The wheels are pretty cheap (about $2k a set) you can swap them front to back, and the 2nd hand race slicks are generally about $50ea. This tyre/wheel combo will literally transform the car and will easily be seconds faster that any street tyre. From there i would get some AP rotors and perhaps MX72's like mark says, they are a great street/track compromise pad. Combine that with a exhaust and tune, and you're going to be 95% as fast as you will ever go in the car (assuming you want to leave it a rego'd car).

Edited by LSX-438

If i was starting again with (with tracking a GTR) the first thing i would do is immediately get some used michelin 270/68/18" slicks and a set of enkie GTC-01 (18x10x22). The wheels are pretty cheap (about $2k a set) you can swap them front to back, and the 2nd hand race slicks are generally about $50ea. This tyre/wheel combo will literally transform the car and will easily be seconds faster that any street tyre. From there i would get some AP rotors and perhaps MX72's like mark says, they are a great street/track compromise pad. Combine that with a exhaust and tune, and you're going to be 95% as fast as you will ever go in the car (assuming you want to leave it a rego'd car).

Sounds good...where do you source the slicks from?

Does the stock suspension work Ok with slicks?

Sounds good...where do you source the slicks from?

Does the stock suspension work Ok with slicks?

Are you in Sydney? I might have some spare 2nd hand slicks.

Slicks work fine with stocker suspension.

However if you want hardcore suspension, i will be selling my JRZ's soon (putting stockers back in).

Are you in Sydney? I might have some spare 2nd hand slicks.

Slicks work fine with stocker suspension.

However if you want hardcore suspension, i will be selling my JRZ's soon (putting stockers back in).

Im in Wollongong

PM me your phone number and we can talk tomorrow

• 4 weeks later...

Ok...thanks to the great advice from members of this forum I have sourced the following for my GTR

AP J Hook rotors (Front and rear)

Endless MX72 pads (front and rear)

Goodridge braided brake lines

Castrol SRF brake fluid

Enkie GTC-01 18 x 10 wheels

Project mu wheel nuts

some pre-loved Michelin S9 slicks

gtr16.JPG

rotors fitted

gtr20.JPG

you dont realise how big the rotors are until you have one in your hands

gtr21.JPG

Michelin S9 slicks and Enkie wheels

gtr28.jpg

going to Wakefield next week to get a feel for the car then to Eastern Creek on the 28th Aug for a Porsche Club super sprint..cant wait

Also looking at this...can anyone recommend a something similair

http://www.videovbox...w=article&id=49

Edited by Speedah

• 2 weeks later...

Went to Wakefield today and did a best of 1.04.10

The traffic was very heavy (slow) in the "street car" class and a clean lap was almost impossible.

Really wanted a 1.03 but wasnt to be

For some reason the SD card in my Performance Box has zero data on it :-( __________________

Also looking at this...can anyone recommend a something similair

http://www.videovbox...w=article&id=49

I have the vbox lite in my r34. Its great in every way except the video is not HD! There are a few cheaper GPS camera setups with HD that you can do the graphics with - check the motorsport section, motorsport cameras thread.

Went to Wakefield today and did a best of 1.04.10

The traffic was very heavy (slow) in the "street car" class and a clean lap was almost impossible.

Really wanted a 1.03 but wasnt to be

For some reason the SD card in my Performance Box has zero data on it :-( __________________

Hey buddy did you see a White/Black R35 flash their lights to you on the road out of wakefield last weekend?

GTR.jpg