SAU Community

Pnm35 Build Thread

PN-Mad

11.5:1 comp is for the people who build hardcore turbo racing engines, run it like porsche did in the 70's.

really want to see this whole thing pieced together and some numbers :D

good luck with everything

11.5:1 comp is for the people who build hardcore turbo racing engines, run it like porsche did in the 70's.

really want to see this whole thing pieced together and some numbers :D

good luck with everything

So do I mate, So do I!!!

Well, thought I'd getter get some pics of what we're playing with before it goes in.

First, the turbo itself- HKS/Garrett GT3037 S 56 / 1.12 Ext gate.

6323621623_d632280ebf_z.jpg

6324152318_2be4339d5b_z.jpg

6323626371_bcb506f2f5_z.jpg

An Intercooler-

6324129612_0bfbb1769a_z.jpg

Metric ass load of bolts screws, clamps, banjos and washers.... that'll be fun in japanese...

6323597947_3acd305ef8_z.jpg

Got Gate? Yup a HKS GT II 60mm

6323615291_c970f6ca0b_z.jpg

Cast manifolds from a VQ25det we presume

6324133072_ee3d3af465_z.jpg

Going to an exhaust with a HKS metal Cat

6323608615_da8118033a_z.jpg

complete with 4 holes for the sensors

6323612549_467d4c7e1a_z.jpg

Another metric ass load of piping- exhaust/intake/intercooler

6323628763_bfc0bfa503_z.jpg

Pod filter- lol... shinnnyyist packing in the whole lot!

6323618627_592eee8543_z.jpg

Other supporting bits - A Walbro, and deatschwerks 600cc drop in injectors.

6324159490_e1b5bc3ac5_z.jpg

PWR tranny cooler, no photo, and a little Blitz Boost Gauge.

6324164948_fc24d1b22d_z.jpg

Had the car on the dyno at the tuners today- needless to say its interesting what different numbers dynos spit out. Lets just say, I now want that turbo on!

Edited by PN-Mad

Going to an exhaust with a HKS metal Cat

6323608615_da8118033a_z.jpg

Is the second inlet off to the side there for the wastegate piping?

complete with 4 holes for the sensors

6323612549_467d4c7e1a_z.jpg

What 4? EGT, O2, wideband and...?

Also what engine management are you going to run when this is done? I remember you looking at some kind of 350Z style flash, is that the final option?

Should be awesome when it's done. Looks like everything is top quality in the kit!

~120awkw?

Picture does not to that HKS cat justice IMO

A bit more - 131awkw. Funny when I had it stock on another dyno at 147. I know, I really shouldn't pay attention - dynos are only comparative tools. One can be completely different to another, even if it is the same brand.

Pics of HKS cat for Cam...

6324525091_063ab7d748_z.jpg

6325278276_80d7d44de8_z.jpg

6324526637_7586c9d3b9_z.jpg

Is the second inlet off to the side there for the wastegate piping?

What 4? EGT, O2, wideband and...?

Also what engine management are you going to run when this is done? I remember you looking at some kind of 350Z style flash, is that the final option?

Should be awesome when it's done. Looks like everything is top quality in the kit!

Yep, thats where the Gate joins in.

I have 4 O2 sensors, unlike you VQ25 plebs with only one tongue.gif

Two each bank- before and after the cat sI think...

It will be reflashed. Had the ECU out and to the Tuner, confirmed its the same as 350Z/R35. Prob the easiest way- avoid piggybacks etc. Haltech looked like a nightmare - their words not mine.

hmmm, wonder what would be easier, or even, more cost effective in the long run, buy another vq35 engine and rebuild that with pistons, gasket etc etc. then throw it into the car and sell your old engine.

that would mean less fart assing around and easier build up, plus no need to keep your car off the road. also when your done you can sell your engine for roughly the same as what you paid for the 2nd engine.

the downside of that is, you need money for the other engine, not like where its a rb25 which you can pick up for a couple o' beers.

the other upside is it wont be a ticking time bomb when your running your 6psi on stock engine and compression.

but all is a money issue.

ps. ill buy your turbo for a hi 5 :P :P

fair, never had any experience with any V engines, it took me 2 days to take out and rebuild a rb26. and it took me 3 hrs to totally remove of my Golf GTi engine :D 4cyl fwd FTW!

hmmm, wonder what would be easier, or even, more cost effective in the long run, buy another vq35 engine and rebuild that with pistons, gasket etc etc. then throw it into the car and sell your old engine.

that would mean less fart assing around and easier build up, plus no need to keep your car off the road. also when your done you can sell your engine for roughly the same as what you paid for the 2nd engine.

the downside of that is, you need money for the other engine, not like where its a rb25 which you can pick up for a couple o' beers.

the other upside is it wont be a ticking time bomb when your running your 6psi on stock engine and compression.

but all is a money issue.

ps. ill buy your turbo for a hi 5 :P :P

Yeah, its not a bad idea. At this stage(a) I don't want to go down the build path financially. There are plenty of VQ35's running around with a lot more boost than what I would consider safe. Have a peek at G35driver.com if interested. There are cars there running 10psi, with near 50k miles boosted. I'm quite conservative regarding my ambitions. What has been made clear to me is that its all up to the tuner. Shit tune, and someone who isn't carful about how they tune cars- then some of them don't even make it off the dyno. On the other hand, if you know what your doing, have teh right supporting mods, and tune it to the strengths of the motor- some people have over 500hp from the stock bottom end.

Oh, and using my turbo, if you were to give me a hi five, you might start to make boost by 5000rpmtongue.gif its got a rather large rear on it!!

its not difficult to drop the motor out of these cars to work on them. i rekon it would take a day and a night to do it all

Your on! I hope your rightthumbsup.gif

Edited by PN-Mad

Yeah, its not a bad idea. At this stage(a) I don't want to go down the build path financially. There are plenty of VQ35's running around with a lot more boost than what I would consider safe. Have a peek at G35driver.com if interested. There are cars there running 10psi, with near 50k miles boosted. I'm quite conservative regarding my ambitions. What has been made clear to me is that its all up to the tuner. Shit tune, and someone who isn't carful about how they tune cars- then some of them don't even make it off the dyno. On the other hand, if you know what your doing, have teh right supporting mods, and tune it to the strengths of the motor- some people have over 500hp from the stock bottom end.

Oh, and using my turbo, if you were to give me a hi five, you might start to make boost by 5000rpmtongue.gif its got a rather large rear on it!!

Your on! I hope your rightthumbsup.gif

dont worry, i like a big rear, pref in conjunction with TT's ;) dont mind what rpm she makes me smile

haha

Firstly, lots of shiny stuff looks nice...

Secondly, extra O2 sensors for each bank of cylinders I get. But why are the holes all on the one pipe? Shouldn't there be 2 pipes with 2 sensor holes each or does that pipe come apart?

Can't wait to see it all go together, good luck.

1320755690[/url]' post='6101072']

Firstly, lots of shiny stuff looks nice...

Secondly, extra O2 sensors for each bank of cylinders I get. But why are the holes all on the one pipe? Shouldn't there be 2 pipes with 2 sensor holes each or does that pipe come apart?

Can't wait to see it all go together, good luck.

Single turbo set up Leon. So it. Will be very similar to a vq25det set up in the end.

Alex, are the o2 sensor holes on the bottom of the pipe? I know the widebands are meant to be fitted so that the sensor can drain moisture.

Yep, thats where the Gate joins in.

It will be reflashed. Had the ECU out and to the Tuner, confirmed its the same as 350Z/R35. Prob the easiest way- avoid piggybacks etc. Haltech looked like a nightmare - their words not mine.

Are the pin outs the same as the 350z ECU by any chance Alex?

If unknown, would you mind asking your tuner for me?

Oh, and we will be installing my mates kit the weekend of the 19th Nov but we won't be dropping the motor so should be fun

Found out today that NM35 cat back bolt up perfectly to my car!

Got one of these-

6335264915_88f2926ab5_z.jpg

6335265815_0823dddbbe_z.jpg

Autosol metal polish. holy shiz that stuff is good. The exhaust wasn't in great nick when I got it, it is second hand. But being stainless no rust. Polished it up with some autosol, and it just gleams.

Sounds seriously mean too. I'll get a vid soon.

Edited by PN-Mad

lol, niiice. sounds mean.

i say we should have a "sound off" thread, where everybody posts their stats and mods, and then the soundclip to it, that would be pretty mean :D

....... i will start one later on tonight when i can get a cameraman for my car.