SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread

R31Nismoid

It could be actually, that's what I'm not entirely sure of. I've found it hard to find out what the problem actually is, or an exact wiring diagram of how indicators are wired in.. it not being a fog light equipped car would explain why there's a missing plug and a loom which has no obvious disconnected plug attached to it...

Does it have a secondary turning bit towards the centre of the stalk which only moves in a couple of positions in addition to the usual outer piece for the headlights?

In regards to talk about numberplates not fitting properly within the confines of a JDM surround I believe really these plates would fall under (2)

48 Affixing number plate

(1) The registered operator of a vehicle must ensure

each number plate issued by the Corporation for

the vehicle is permanently affixed to the vehicle

so that, when the vehicle is on level ground—

(a) the number plate is at all times in an upright

position parallel to the vehicle's axles; and

(b) the number plate is at all times not more than

1⋅3 metres above ground level; and

© for a motor cycle, the centre of the number

plate is at all times at least 30 centimetres

above ground level; and

(d) the number or letters, or both, on the number

plate are clearly visible from a distance of

20 metres from the number plate at any point

within the space produced by a horizontal arc

of 90 degrees and a vertical arc of

45 degrees, as indicated by the shaded areas

in figures 5 and 6; and

r. 47

(e) any cover on the number plate—

(i) is clear, clean, untinted and flat over its

entire surface; and

(ii) has no reflective or other characteristics

that would prevent the successful

operation of a device approved for use

under a law relating to the detection of

traffic offences; and

(f) for a motor vehicle other than a motor cycle,

one number plate is affixed to the front of the

vehicle and another to its rear; and

(g) for a motor cycle or trailer, the number plate

is affixed to the rear of the motor cycle or

trailer.

(2) The requirements in subregulations (1)(a) to (d)

do not apply to a number plate for a vehicle if—

(a) due to the construction of the vehicle it is not

practicable to comply with the requirements;

and

(b) the number plate is affixed in a way that

complies as far as practicable with the

requirements.

Does it have a secondary turning bit towards the centre of the stalk which only moves in a couple of positions in addition to the usual outer piece for the headlights?

Nope, there's no option on the stalk to engage foglights etc.

Guess it's back to the drawing board as to the 'whyyyyyyyyyyyy' they don't work then.

Sell R1 buy evo? :P

Then buy ducati 1199

Then sell evo, because evo.

R1 ain't getting use, logically I should, but when I ride all those bad feelings go away

Evo dat handling and launch, but fear boredom cause not in love with looks or sound

Shit it's cheap though...someone will get a bargain from that. Surely 5's and 6'a still fetching that money

So I was pulled over a week ago by highway patrol because my rego is flagged with the sheriffs office. Have been in talks with Vicroads (who say theres nothing on their system), and Sheriffs office who say it's in their system, but its due to a previous owner and theres apparently nothing they can do, I must contact Vicroads as it should have cleared with the transfer.

Sheriff want's nothing to do with it as apparently theres nothing they can do IN THEIR OWN f**kING SYSTEM, and Vicroads have no flags or sanctions against the name and they say speak to Sheriffs Office.

Is this real f**king life, both say to go to the other one, and both say they can't do anything. The amount of harassment I'm going to get with the blitz's in the coming months.. Apparently this is REALLY common and lots of people get pulled over thanks to previous owners, and inability to access their own system.

Anyone got some advice? I'm thinking of hounding both agencies relentlessly until someone gets fed up enough and decides to get off their lazy arse and investigate..

Hamish's is also an advertised price.

yeah but an advertised price that it will sell at.

and prob sell quick lke those advertised right are.

8MR's can be bought for 20ish

8's 16ish,

this is priced right

nkOg4LhLYM-2.png

Flagged in the system

No escape from canary :(

Yeah well cop didn't like me until she worked out that I had nothing to do with the flag. Can't wait for some TMU officer with a bad attitude to pull me over and demand that I tell him all the super illegal modifications on my stock car.

Yeah well cop didn't like me until she worked out that I had nothing to do with the flag. Can't wait for some TMU f**khead with a god complex to pull me over and demand that I tell him all the super illegal modifications on my stock car.

Unless they have automatic licence plate scanners (do they have these yet?), the kind of cop who's gonna type your numberplate into their system will prolly pull you over anyway.

But yeah keep hounding, maybe start sending letters too so you have a start date of written correspondence...or if the people at the frontline are useless then go higher up?