SAU Community

Official Battlefield 3 Thread

R31Nismoid

just lifted this from the OCAU thread, and have gotten it working on mine for early access:

Control Panel -> Internet Options -> Connections -> Lan Settings (Bottom of the Panel)

Tick "Use a proxy server for your LAN" Address: 210.107.100.251 Port: 8080

Click Okay. The via ORIGIN start BF3 and it'll unlock. Then untick "Use a proxy server for your LAN" and you are good to go.

If you are going to use that I would advise to be cautious:

ok i checked the ip address listed and the server is a known spammer!

http://www.projectho...210.107.100.251

have fun receiving emails!

i also checked with web of trust and it gets worse!

http://www.mywot.com...210.107.100.251

Quote:

Warning: Quarantined. IP/Hostname/Website found involved in various Dangerous/Suspicious activities.

* Attackers who try to spy or remotely control others' computers by means such Microsoft remote terminal, SSH, Telnet or shared desktops.

* Threats for email servers or users: spiders/bots, account hijacking, etc.

* Sites spreading virus, trojans, spyware, etc. or just being used by them to let their authors know that a new computer has been infected.

* Threats for servers: exploits, fake identities/agents, DDoS attackers, etc.

* Threats for mobile systems: virus and trojans spreading, smartphone data-harvesting etc.

* Port scans, which are the first step towards more dangerous actions.

* Malicious P2P sharers or bad peers who spread malware, inject bad traffic or share fake archives.

For security reasons it has been placed in a preventive Quarantine status. Any operation involved with it, is strongly discouraged.

looks like who ever used this site maybe going to have some real fun when they start hitting your routers. i suggest you people make sure you have your routers locked down and not using default passwords

If you have a dynamic IP i suggest you change after activating, Also making sure router doesn't have default passwords etc.

Cozi.

Edited by Cozi

haha oh dear, thats what happens when I'm lazy and don't check it out for myself!

Thanks for the heads up, no I don't use default admin pwords, and I use Internode's port blocking anyway (for automated SMTP, SSH, SMB/CIFS etc) however my IP is static, so think I should be alright!

I picked up my pre-order from EB Games yesterday, installed it and unlocked early using Korean VPN trick.

Played for about 4hours last night, will play all night long once i get home from work today.

Simply put, graphics are amazing. HD previews of MW3 look great re the storyline, but MW3 graphics look very "cartoony" compared to BF3. Runs on ultra graphics settings without any issues at all.

Loving the game so far; can't wait to finish single player and then jump into online play!

game. be. epic. *head blows off* but there are still rocket launcher fags....... but 64 player, is just beyond words! *drool*

more to the point, camping fags????? rockets are fun and ammusing outcomes.

BTW...adding console fags GTFO...then following by half a page of PC related issues......doesnt paint a good picture for yas >_<

to those of you on PC.. anyone have luck in loading the game?

getting the APPCRASH when trying to load. this is why normal games should just boot from the desktop, not desktop-> origin -> web browser :rolleyes:

yeah that whole web browser setup was shit, my maps take about 30 secs to load, my mates computer running ssd in raid, takes about 5 secs to load. damn lucky bastard

online play is pretty wicked, maps are awesome, graphics are through the roof, gameplay is as realistic as you could get putting some things aside like repairing and resurrecting people etc.

64 player gets pretty hectic and sometimes you will lose track of whats going on.

some maps have some pretty annoying rubberbanding.

i havent come accross any glitches or errors in the game yet so thats a pretty sweet spot.

origin username is Bronx1987 if anyone is interested

more to the point, camping fags????? rockets are fun and ammusing outcomes.

BTW...adding console fags GTFO...then following by half a page of PC related issues......doesnt paint a good picture for yas >_<

Yeah, theres a few bugs, battlelog is farking dodgy at the moment. But when it works its phenomenal. To be honest, console guys arent really even playing the same game, it's a very pale imitation.