SAU Community

Official Battlefield 3 Thread

R31Nismoid

So you're basing your experience off one card, with one driver revision.

Seems legit.

on the amd side ive gone from x800-2600-2900-3850-3870-2x3870-3870x2-4850-4850x2-4890-5770 all of those if had some sort of problems with when they first came out, took ati/amd a good 3-4 months to fix their crap.

anything above those cards i have not tried, so i cant say anything about it. i bought the gtx570 brand new the first week it came out going by the 1st released driver, none of my games had any problems starting, running or artifacts.

Now this is just my experience. each and everyone of us will have different experience due to different chips, configurations etc.

when i was in my 3870 phase i went all the way to three way crossfire, ran into heaps of problems because it wasnt thoroughly though out yet.

Nvidia ive only ever owned my gtx570, but since i have built endless computers for friends and their friends, i have used several other cards, (6800 through to 9800gtx etc) but only momentarily. so i cannot say anything.

i did play some games on my mates computer where he ran twin 8800gt's which worked flawlessly and then he later upgraded to the 8800gtx which always crashed due to shitty overheating.

Are Japan the good guys with giant robots?

You play as Japan & set up to conquer the rest of the world & you can play it like history did & form the tri-alliance with Germany & Italy or go & fight everyone by yourself.

No gaint robots unfortunately but you get gaint battle ships that put those tiny triangle things the empire uses in star wars to shame.

This being anime-ish game, most of the world leaders (Hitler, Churchill, Mussolin etc etc) are chicks :closedeyes:

On topic how is the stability of this game on everyone's rig so far?

All my friends who bought it are all having different degrees of problem with it, mostly on multi-player as well.

Edited by Mayuri Krab

Ye its all server issues that im having issues with.

My GPU was certainly struggling a little on HIGH Settings. Overclocked it today and it's sweet as now, flawless and no lag unless its the server.

I'm usually on [sOB] Killingfields (AUS one) if people wanna find me :D

C'mon guys.

Console is simply "insert disc and play". Farrrk. None of this "I have to be a pc geek to play" bs.

Shiiit. Flame on??

Yes true, but you could also say PC is 'click icon to play'

lets see your console play battlefield in 1080p, No didn't think so.....

Better yet lets see you console play in eyefinity mode with the extra vision from 3 x 23 inch monitors (5760 x 1080p)

Once you play eyefinity you never go back.

You can keep your kiddie console.

Not as if Xbox gamers are having any better of a time anyways... :nyaanyaa:

"There are a number of different factors impacting server connectivity on Xbox 360," the spokesperson said. "It is a particularly complex server architecture and we continue to work with Microsoft to improve connectivity. Our Online teams are standing by 24/7, identifying issues and addressing them as they arise. We are gamers, too, and understand how frustrating it is not to be able to play the game without interruption. We appreciate their patience and promise, it will be worth the wait."

Sauce

When it's all working, you mean. As in, after you've messed around with settings and VPN and whatever else needs to be done that you guys have been talking about.

anyone done much of the campaign? i've been playing online alot so havent really done much.

but after playing this level, i needed tissues. the sounds and graphics are beautiful

ive been playing way to much

currently im up to level 39 with all vehicle unlocks done

:blink:

I'm lvl 10 I think?

My bro Cozi01 is 20 or so and he's had about 4 more days playing than i have... But lvl 39 is serious what the f*k.!

R31nismoid, what FPS are you getting in game and what are your video settings?

Around 25-35fps with my set up depending on what's going on. Setting on HIGH when playing online. Despite it being a bit low it actually runs smooth.

I over clock my card (its a HD5850 TOP CU), got about 10% out of it and it's nice & stable, doesn't get too hot etc.

Could squeeze more if I wanted but gains were diminishing the more I pushed so pegged it back :)

I'll log it tonight for an hour for you if you want? (just a CSV dump).

I also "stagger" heaps in co-op on "HIGH", so I think the CPU is bottlenecking a it as online it's fine even with 64 players

ULTRA simply won't run online :D