SAU Community

Official Battlefield 3 Thread

R31Nismoid

In regards to the GFX, I think that maybe having MSI Afterburner running is causing my issue, but fark, I haven't had this many problems with a game since trying to make Call of Duty 1 work with my old ATi

That's your problem right there, I've heard others have had the same problem. Pretty much all monitoring programs (eg Fraps) are causing problems with BF3.

I'm running everything on high except ultra textures, SSAO instead of HBAO and NO motion blur (I hate this setting, is it just me?), gets me a solid 75+ fps :happy:

anything above 1680x1050 the cpu differences are close to none, tests with 2 core vs 8 core cpus showed 7fps difference, when going to 1080 its something like 3fps. tested with 16gb machines and high end GFX cards.

Sooo... since I'm still using a ancient 19" standard LCD with a res of 1280x1024, can I expect close to constant 60fps with my GTX 570 on a high/ultra setting?

That would be sweet.

LOL you are running half of it on Medium? No wonder its fast!

Can ya set it to 'high' by the default selector and see what it does?

Cause you seem a lot higher and there isn't major differences between the 5850 and 6950 aside from the usual performance gains, but not over 25fps surely.. hence maybe I really am CPU fked!

That's your problem right there, I've heard others have had the same problem. Pretty much all monitoring programs (eg Fraps) are causing problems with BF3.

I'm running everything on high except ultra textures, SSAO instead of HBAO and NO motion blur (I hate this setting, is it just me?), gets me a solid 75+ fps :happy:

I've run FRAPS without a problem?

It performs the same no matter what for me and bogs in the same places (co-op) :)

on my setup, i ran the command render.drawfps 1 in battlefield to show FPS, i got an absolute minimum of 38fps and tops of 60fps. guess the 60fps is my monitors limit, i never see any games go above 60fps.

this was with everything ULTRA, MSAAx4, AFx16, FOV 90 motion blur maxed and Vsync off. running it on 1920x1080.

not too shabby i guess.

i don't know Ash you don't see as many moving objects in campaign as what you see in a 64 person server

Ye but the servers don't have as much going on in terms of map detail compared to the campaign.

Given my FPS is higher in online even with my moderately old card.

If you hold down Ctrl+Alt+S it shows your framerate.

I get higher FPS in single player FWIW.

No worries, will try and give it a blast tonight, do some SP and some MP.

....This kills me to admit it, but as much as I've been looking forward to this, I haven't really played it at all.. I loaded up the SP, played up until you shoot the RPG at the sniper (like in the initial trailers), and haven't played more.. GOTTA STOP PLAYING WOW AND PAYDAY