SAU Community

Official Battlefield 3 Thread

R31Nismoid

• 3 weeks later...

haha punkbuster is the biggest farking POS i've ever seen, and like the other gaiz said, its bee like that since quake 3.

still hooked into skyrim, so chances are there will be another bad company game out when I'm done with it lol.

HOPING that DICE will eventually lern2make single player campaigns

• 2 weeks later...

Three new themed Battlefield 3 expansion packs announced! Get up close and personal with Battlefield 3™: Close Quarters in June 2012. Head to the Battlefield web site for first details!

http://www.battlefield.com/battlefield3/1/close-quarters

Battlefield 3: Close Quarters is a themed expansion pack bringing the team play of Battlefield 3 to tight indoor environments. The frantic close quarters infantry combat is amplified by unprecedented high definition destruction, new ways to play, more weapons and added persistence.

Key Features

Get plunged into frantic and relentless infantry combat

Check your corners as death can come from any angle

HD destruction lets you reduce entire locales to ruin

Earn new weapons and bring them back to the base game

Complete new assignments and equip unique dog tags

Play in new ways, mixing team play and instant action

The HD Destruction in Close Quarters lets players riddle the environment with bullets, reducing entire locales to ruin. Everything from furniture to plaster can be shot to pieces, and players can see the result of the mayhem as rubble and broken pieces pile up on the floor.

The tight level design and many opportunities for vertical gameplay mean players will need to bring their A game if they want to stay alive in this highly competitive theater of war.

Battlefield 3: Close Quarters will be available on PC, PlayStation®3, and Xbox 360™ June 2012. Please return to this page on March 13th for more information.

Im really reluctant to put anymore money into this game, small tight maps doesn't sound apealing at all. Go play on a 24/7 subway map and you'll see what i mean.

Info on another DLC pack, This one interests me more.

The Armoured Kill DLC will bring more of what Battlefield 3 does best – vehicle mayhem. Armoured Kill will arrive in September and add new tanks, ATVs, and mobile artillery to the game along with new vehicle focussed maps, including “the biggest map in Battlefield history.” Fans of Caspian Border, rejoice!

Info on another DLC pack, This one interests me more.

The Armoured Kill DLC will bring more of what Battlefield 3 does best – vehicle mayhem. Armoured Kill will arrive in September and add new tanks, ATVs, and mobile artillery to the game along with new vehicle focussed maps, including “the biggest map in Battlefield history.” Fans of Caspian Border, rejoice!

AAAWWWWW YEAHHHH

its all a money grab

yeah ago when i was a boy you paid for you game and it was complete, not we'll add shit later that we really wanted in the original but thought we can make more money

Madaz whats funny about that comment is every battlefield has has had DLC packs - well expansions as they were back then and i find it funny people bitch now that its DLC and not an expansion and didn't bitch so much when it was an expansion and not DLC

Example

1942 had 2 - the Road to Rome and Secret Weapons of WWII

Vietnam had Redux - i still find this funny as was the exact same game with very few features added - biggest rip ever

BF2 had 3 - Special Forces, euro forces and armoured fury

2142 had northern strike

BC2 had Vietnam

BF3 has 4 - B2K, Close quarters, Armoured Kill and End Game

Damian i only ever ran Vanila BF2 and they couldnt even get the patches right on that then they introduced Spec ops with grapple hooks and shit

no way was i buying into that shit

• 3 weeks later...

Update 1.04 should be available soon for download.

I can't find much on it apart from the following.

- Back to Karkand DLC must be re-downloaded

- there are more crashes now, than there were prior to the game's release

- you can now quit game, DURING a game... that's a good thing

- and some weapon updates...