SAU Community

My 240K (C110) Is Back Home From Paint.

blk180

Here are some pics of my car back from paint, a little overcast today so will get some better pics when the suns out.

img9167w.jpg

img9168s.jpg

img9170w.jpg

img9173v.jpg

img9175do.jpg

Has come up really good. Now my turn to find the missing and restore and fit the rest.

Brad

What a magnificent shape! Oh yes, the paintwork is superb!

Have I said yet, "What a magnificent shape!"?

You'll have to get the new "History of Skylines and GT-R" poster from your Nissan Dealership whilst they have any left > several C110 cars in there! :thumbsup:

Hi,

Can you tell me where you got it from ?

Nigel

I think this was the only seal i got from Oz, Rare Spares.

Good choice. any idea on sizes?

Im hoping 16*8.5 -6 and 16*9.5 -19 will fit but will have to do some trail fitting first.

How was it for rust?

There was a little mostly in the removable parts, the main body only have two-three spots. The front Guards had the whole lower section cut out and replaced. The bonnet was a 3-4 day job to fix as these always seem to be heavly rusted.

hmmmm this weekends progress.

These rubbers are more of pain to fit then one mite think took us many hours.

img9176s.jpg

Start to refit the loom. have not found the rear loom yet but im sure its the somewhere :ermm:

img9177p.jpg

Cleaned up the lights took a couple of hours, then trail fitted the Grill

img9185f.jpg

and just another random shot of the mirrors

img9186f.jpg

also prepared the front and rear bumpers for polishing.

Dont seem like much but everythink takes time, hope to get the parts for the motor this week and get it back in maybe weekend after next.

Hoping to get the dynamating done during this week so i can start to refit the interior over the next week or so.

Good work..! The black overfenders look pretty good next to your dark grey colour. What will you do for the rear beaver panel though? Not sure about the rubber around the fenders to be honest - more Torana than Skyline imo but looks like you're having fun putting it all back together!

Edited by Alfadog

Good work..! The black overfenders look pretty good next to your dark grey colour. What will you do for the rear beaver panel though? Not sure about the rubber around the fenders to be honest - more Torana than Skyline imo but looks like you're having fun putting it all back together!

The rear beaver panel(light surround?) is also black as i think the Grey would not suit, the rubber cleans up the gaps and stops the fenders from rubbing on the paint which they where alreay doing.

Some dynamate got done today, all side windows cleaned ready to go once i get some new runners(ones which are on the windows).

Some update pics been raining here alot so not a great deal has been done, im also looking to buy a new house so if that happens probably be no updates to after the new year.

Front bummer polished and fitted not really to my liking(quality wise) but will do for now

img9188u.jpg

Rear bummer polished and rear light surround cleaned up and fitted

img9191n.jpg

Dynamating started need to go buy another pack to finshs floor and do doors. Then all the interior can go in then.

img9193i.jpg

img9195pp.jpg