SAU Community

How Do You Know If You Have An Immobiliser?

suwidji

Hey guys, i went to inspect and test drive a r34 gtt today.

The seller doesn't know anything about the modifications done to it (though it looks like the only thing that has been changed is the exhaust and turbo timer installed).

I was just wondering how do i know if the car has an immobiliser, and if it doesn't have one (i'll find out next time) what is the most affordable (BUT DECENT) immobiliser to get and where to get it from?? I live in NSW in the Hils area.

thanks!

(edit) and i just read somewhere on this forum that turbo timers are a defect. Is that still the case?? Because if it is, I don't mind taking it out and just sitting with the car for a minute after i drive it, or just drive normally for the last 1-5mins of my trip lol.

Edited by suwidji

Hey guys, i went to inspect and test drive a r34 gtt today.

The seller doesn't know anything about the modifications done to it (though it looks like the only thing that has been changed is the exhaust and turbo timer installed).

I was just wondering how do i know if the car has an immobiliser, and if it doesn't have one (i'll find out next time) what is the most affordable (BUT DECENT) immobiliser to get and where to get it from?? I live in NSW in the Hils area.

thanks!

(edit) and i just read somewhere on this forum that turbo timers are a defect. Is that still the case?? Because if it is, I don't mind taking it out and just sitting with the car for a minute after i drive it, or just drive normally for the last 1-5mins of my trip lol.

if it is ABSOLUTELY stock - it will not have one.

Is there anywhere I can take the car to, and they can tell me exactly what mods are on the car?

Im getting stateroads to check it out for a comprehensive inspection, would they be able to tell me what's been done to the car at all?

ok thanks guys.

Also, my initial question was about the immobiliser lols. any ideas on that?

Why is it so hard to figure this one out? lock it while you're sitting inside it and try to start the engine? if it wont start then its got an immobiliser?

Why is it so hard to figure this one out? lock it while you're sitting inside it and try to start the engine? if it wont start then its got an immobiliser?

lol thanks, I'm very very very noob around cars, just learning :) but thanks.

also (probably another dumb question) my mate has an r34 and his headlights have "xenon" written on em, but his headlights are yellow when turned on. Aren't xenon's supposed to be like white/blue-ish in colour?