SAU Community

Leak From Front Left Side Of Car. Help

Aegats

Hi everyone,

Ive got a leak from the front left side of the car just under the wheel. I have no idea what fluid it is. It doesnt have the feel of oil, it doesnt look or smell like coolant. No idea what it is. Ive take some pics. Anyone can shed some light on what it is.

post-88448-0-82681100-1323769059_thumb.jpg

post-88448-0-50565300-1323769089_thumb.jpg

post-88448-0-54115400-1323769124_thumb.jpg

post-88448-0-25511700-1323769151_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the replies. I looked at it again today morning and its still leaking the liquid (I'll place a catchment bottle underneath to see what the liquid really is). I'm going to take a better look at it after work today.

Sorry about the noob question but with the condensation issue doesn't the car have to been running recently in order for condensation to build up (its been 3 days since the car has been started)?

What I thought it could be is that it has rained recently and could be rainwater finding its way in there??? Just a theory.

AFAIK there is a sunroof drain exit there, also the aircon heater unit will drain there if it leaks.

if its clear, dont worry about it. we have had heaps of rain lately and it will come out there. i leave my car overnight outside and there is a pool of water right where youre talking. i havent driven the car for at least 12 hours......