SAU Community

The Official Sau Stagea Facts And Figures Thread

PN-Mad

A few stats from the UK

I ran 13 09 at santa pod last year . This included with a missed gearchange (3rd to 4th). Speed was 106mph at 1000ft but only 102 mph across the line as I coasted after the missed change. Sixty foot was over 2 seconds

and yes i do have the time sheet.

As the numbers show Im a complete drag novice - never been on a strip before so with some practice a 12 is quite possible with the old spec..

Since then Ive fitted launch control ( have a HKS V pro gold) and a triple plate carbon clutch as the os gilken surrendered as soon as I worked out how to use the launch control properly. It has now got a LSD , toyo 88 tyres and Ive fitted a late 33 gtr geabox (with twin syncros)

But this thread is about times acheived so I will just post 13.09

The car used to be an RS Four but has a forged RB26 with twin garret 2860-5s and lots of mods.

It was dynod 503 at the hubs at Abbey Motorsport (UK) although a recent reading on a rolling road was a bit less..

Ive had to re register (previously was rsvfouruk) as Ive changed my email address and the old password seems to be wrong.

Edited by Greanmachine UK

Psymin's 550+ awkw Stagea only ever did 12's - it takes the right set up and technique to do 10 or better not just power!

what mph??

captain obvious..lol, especially with a manual and all that weight, coupled with a motor that needs high revs to get onto boost..even in a car thats 300kg lighter it would be hard

to 60ft. ..

I KNOW that 9 times out of 10, a Rb25 Neo with a auto/300 awkw and a 3000-3500 ish torque converter, would stomp the f**k out of 99 percent of these modded lowmount turboed

260RS's on the street, that why i bought one..lol, well that and the fact i think 260RS are ugly as with there big bumpers

cheers

darren

Edited by jet_r31

I KNOW that 9 times out of 10, a Rb25 Neo with a auto/300 awkw and a 3000-3500 ish torque converter, would stomp the f**k out of 99 percent of these modded lowmount turboed

260RS's on the street, that why i bought one..lol, well that and the fact i think 260RS are ugly as with there big bumpers

cheers

darren

the only way that would be 9 times out of ten would be if they were all stationary starts and yes anything can be made to look bad if its not given the right situation. my wagon would more than likely get chopped to 60-80 km/h ,which is fine cause i made that sacrifice chasing power, but after that it would be coming past you like a freight train as a black and white blur.

Just to clarify a quarter mile is 1320 feet so a speed of 106 at 1000 is roughly three quarters of the way up the strip .

projected terminal speed with proper gear changes would seem to be around 115 (allowing for less than a 10mph increas) which is surely enough for mid 12s

The idea that an auto neo engine will spank a s 1 with a sorted RB26 is frankly laughable

That is unless rb 26s are slower down under (which of course their not)

Just to clarify a quarter mile is 1320 feet so a speed of 106 at 1000 is roughly three quarters of the way up the strip .

projected terminal speed with proper gear changes would seem to be around 115 (allowing for less than a 10mph increas) which is surely enough for mid 12s

The idea that an auto neo engine will spank a s 1 with a sorted RB26 is frankly laughable

That is unless rb 26s are slower down under (which of course their not)

err..if you think that..your a dumbass...and don't know much about drag racing.. you RB26 owners really need to get it out of your head its some

mythical motor, yeh its not bad..much different to a NEO..err not really once you change turbo and things

Edited by jet_r31

the only way that would be 9 times out of ten would be if they were all stationary starts and yes anything can be made to look bad if its not given the right situation. my wagon would more than likely get chopped to 60-80 km/h ,which is fine cause i made that sacrifice chasing power, but after that it would be coming past you like a freight train as a black and white blur.

Drag racing is from a standing stop last time i checked ?, and i woudn't race you, i would just go get my R31..lol, i bought the stagea to take the kids to school..

i only have 260 9.5 poncams, 3540 .82/ex gate and meth/water injection and all supporting mods for it..be fast for a stagea, but not a fast car..any more power than that

and you'll spend your weekends replacing driveshafts and gearboxes..not my idea of fun..lol, but i bet it does a better ET than 99 percent of your LOWMOUNT RB26 TURBO SETUPS , not GTX 4 billion top mounts..lol( thats what i wrote i am pretty sure)

You also missing something from a roll race, a auto car torque converter slips and bangs it straight to peak torque, you will have to rev through a entire rev range(being manual), exposing weaknesses if your area under the curve power wise is not so great....

debate...

cheers

darren

Edited by jet_r31

what you said is it would beat low mount 260's on the STREET not would run a better ET. i had a low mount twin trust T517z setup that used to pretty much keep up with a 500hp 11sec 32gtr and thats rolling start which on THE STREET most races are and if i was going to race you rolling start i would be in an apprpriate gear and doing an appropriate amount of revs so there was no wait time for full power

now as far as i understand no body would race on the street from these forums . and as jet r31 said drag racing is from a standing start! rolling starts are for commo drivers isnt it that goes with fly bys lol at the end of the day dont every one get your nickers in a twist just coz some one points out that the rb 26 is not the engine of the gods just coz it came out of a gtr or 260. +1 for the neo. also all ppl have diffrent goals for there cars. some are dyno queens some built for track and performance. and

some for doing the shopping in style...

I never have a problem with facts .

Indeed as I recall that was what I posted because I was under the impression that it was a facts thread. Apparently not though

What came back wasnt fact but a generalised boast with nothing to back it up .

Remember you said you would....................... spank the f**k out of 99 % of modded 260s with low mount turbos

That isnt saying you will be quicker than some that is saying you will be much quicker than virtually every one

The two are completely different and its the second one I questioned.

Its simple to resolve of course ......just post up some time slips showing your car reaching 100+ mph in a lot less than 1000 ft...........

cos remember you said spank the f**k not just beat

BTW do you have april fools day in oz

Edited by Greanmachine UK

I never have a problem with facts .

Indeed as I recall that was what I posted because I was under the impression that it was a facts thread. Apparently not though

What came back wasnt fact but a generalised boast with nothing to back it up .

Remember you said you would....................... spank the f**k out of 99 % of modded 260s with low mount turbos

That isnt saying you will be quicker than some that is saying you will be much quicker than virtually every one

The two are completely different and its the second one I questioned.

Its simple to resolve of course ......just post up some time slips showing your car reaching 100+ mph in a lot less than 1000 ft...........

cos remember you said spank the f**k not just beat

BTW do you have april fools day in oz

yes we do its named that for misguided 260 owners "mine is bigger has to be better" lol just stirring.... yeah its a facts thread so we will let the numbers talk ... should not be long seeing as we have a1/4 mile track back in south aus... so im sure daz and my self will chuck the family cars down there in between our drag cars just for fun then we will see how ya egos go ha ha. should be interesting

yes we do its named that for misguided 260 owners "mine is bigger has to be better" lol just stirring.... yeah its a facts thread so we will let the numbers talk ... should not be long seeing as we have a1/4 mile track back in south aus... so im sure daz and my self will chuck the family cars down there in between our drag cars just for fun then we will see how ya egos go ha ha. should be interesting

Thats spot on when you have the numbers post em up but untill you have.......................

Where has bigger is better come from not from me - All I did was post my time no mention of any neos in my post. I only replied in kind to the rant.

And just for the record I too would have a neo for a runaround over a 260 in fact I have one

And you are right the 260 body kit looks like a bathtub - not a problem as I have a NIsmo bodykit. Ill post some pics in the project thread.

And you are right the 260 body kit looks like a bathtub - not a problem as I have a NIsmo bodykit. Ill post some pics in the project thread.

Please do. I do like the C34 Nismo kit :)

• 1 month later...

Finally got on the rolllers today, Didn't lean on it too hard! wanted to keep it safe!

Standard RB26 with GT3582R .82

precision 48mm wastegate

Platinum pro plug in

Made 359.3hp on 14psi

Planning a forged 26/30 in the near future!

post-86035-0-56981600-1337846963_thumb.jpg