SAU Community

Increasing Police Suspicion/inspection

3147471000_dawson_crying_xlarge.jpeg

I ride a 1000cc sportsbike and drive a bright yellow Stagea (and a black R33 before that and a bright orange and rather loud 180b before that) and haven't been "harassed" in over a decade.

Strangely enough, the only time I've ever been "harassed" is when I was driving like a f**k wit, apart from maybe twice where I got caught in an RTA/Police operation in Lismore on Cog night. But then I should have known better than to be in Lismore on a Thursday night. So in about 17 years of driving obnoxious, loud and fast cars and bikes, generally well above the speed limit and without really giving a shit what anyone on the road thinks, I'd say twice I was "harassed" by police. The other 4,385 times I've been pulled over were fair enough and I was likely driving/riding like I deserved it.

The moral of my story? Stop driving like a f**k wit in places notorious for being f**k wit attractants and the police will leave you alone. There is no conspiracy. You're young and you drive like you think you're Fangio, or you hang out in places you think chicks hang at, where as in reality only other guys hang out (make of that what you will). You'll grow out of it one day (or at least learn to pick your times and places) and almost like magic the Police "harassment" will stop.

I don't know if that will work, your car becomes unregistered if in another state for longer than 1 month or something. So they will be handing out no reg fines, you wana risk that?? I had one was $650. Don't want another one lol.

Something needs to happen I don't know what options there are. Reality is there won't be an import scene soon so enjoy it while you can.

How can it become unregoed if it is registered in another state that doesnt make sense. I think what u might mean ? is if you live in one state and have a car registered in another state and dont change it over within 2 weeks there is a fine and mebbie rego cancelled BUT thats the trick to the whole thing, having someone or an address relos , business, whatever , in another state that the car can legally be registered to. I have a registered business name for example and the business has a legally registered addy in another state. So in the future my business name will buy the car, its then a company car, ill take full advantage of that plus it will be registered in another state with the cheapest rego too all up ill save a fair bit of money and get the Gestapo off my back as well :) all up its just a better scenario.

3147471000_dawson_crying_xlarge.jpeg

The moral of my story? Stop driving like a f**k wit in places notorious for being f**k wit attractants and the police will leave you alone. There is no conspiracy. You're young and you drive like you think you're Fangio, or you hang out in places you think chicks hang at, where as in reality only other guys hang out (make of that what you will). You'll grow out of it one day (or at least learn to pick your times and places) and almost like magic the Police "harassment" will stop.

Who you talkn to ? .... i didnt see anyone here say they drive like a nob. If ya like me and have a gold license its for a reason, bad driving being the least of it. Last demerit point i lost ( before some defects that are not defects at law) was years ago, well before i owned a Skyline. I dunno where u live, sounds remote or you dont get out much at all. Try being out for a weekend or over night cruises etc then see what happens. U no the amount of stops i get im either stopped already, at lights, just parked, going into a servo , at a stop sign, and so on. I have no dumbass wings on my car, its well kept, looks showroom, nothing 'loud' on it, nice set of rims.... stock body (oh look out, i forgot it is lowered and of course that SCREEEMS im a hoon right!) . Ive said all this before..... and its interesting when u get coppers actually telling u that they hate Skylines, WRX`s and so on AND they tell you Quote: 'get used to it or sell the car' ... really? that has umm what ? to do with the way someone is driving? Ill give the cops one thing, at least they r honest about being Nazis. All my dirving life ive never been harrassed, stopped followed checked etc almosst daily till i bought a Skyline. I think bro youve been watching too much Current Affiar/Media shows about hoons , and some stereo type image is stuck in your head, but the reality is, there r A LOT of nice cars on the roads , highly maintained well looked after, mature drivers and genuine car enthusiasts. The small manority you mouthed off about exist, sure, but I dont think they represent the majority of genuine car enthusiasts.

Get an engineering certificate.

Laminate it.

Put it in your glove box

???

Profit.

People posting dont read the posts aye.... If u read the post i made in reply to the guy whos pissed at the coppers like i am , i said i have every bit of paper work, certificate, EPA accreditation, inspection, approval, code, ISO srating, certified components, in tripplicate, singed, sealed, authorised, AND uploaded on COPS, RTA, EPA, and a bunch of other GOV databases that there is not one single thing that doesnt comply or could be even remotly Alien, illegal, falsly modified or other YET the coppers say Quote: ' So what we dont think it should comply heres a defect take it to court/get it checked again cya" So u see dude having Engineering Certificates wont stop you from getting a defect. so how do u get around all this shit the cops love? Set it up in a way (legal) that the car is rego`d to another state.

How can it become unregoed if it is registered in another state that doesnt make sense. I think what u might mean ? is if you live in one state and have a car registered in another state and dont change it over within 2 weeks there is a fine and mebbie rego cancelled BUT thats the trick to the whole thing, having someone or an address relos , business, whatever , in another state that the car can legally be registered to. I have a registered business name for example and the business has a legally registered addy in another state. So in the future my business name will buy the car, its then a company car, ill take full advantage of that plus it will be registered in another state with the cheapest rego too all up ill save a fair bit of money and get the Gestapo off my back as well :) all up its just a better scenario.

might want to do some research into the price difference between private rego and insurance and company insurance. you won't be saving any money. will actually cost you more for both of them in most cases. i looked at putting my skyline into my business name in case it was cheaper. it wasn't.

might want to do some research into the price difference between private rego and insurance and company insurance. you won't be saving any money. will actually cost you more for both of them in most cases. i looked at putting my skyline into my business name in case it was cheaper. it wasn't.

Good advice for sure but my needs really quantify having a company car, and as i drive a slyline as a daily anyway, may as well be that one:)

Edited by nathanau

Next time a Police women pulls me over im going to say ' How much" and when she tells me the number i will proceed with 'Well get in", ill end up arrested but it will be worth it to Troll these revenue fanatics lol.

Gets my tick of approval BUT what ya gonna do IF its a bloke? That may turn out to be a painful experience for u :P

How long can you leave a fine overdue? eg speeding tickets you can usually get another month or so after the due date to pay it before you need to go to court.

Its a big "no rego" fine not a speeding tick though.