SAU Community

Nsw Euro Plates Problem

Hi guys,

recently, I bought a 1999 Nissan Skyline GT-X and wanted to change the rego, XOB 444 (Yes, I'm tetraphobic but that's not the point). I then used the old plate on my mum's BMW (it's the extra long white Euro plates) and after I organised it with RTA i found out it didn't fit! What can I do? can I hand it on the spoiler with ropes?

can I screw them on somewhere else on the back bumper? I need a solution and fast!

The dimensions for the Euro plate is 110X520MM for front and back

What my car CAN fit is134X372MM on the back. I can hang the front plate somewhere else.

Edited by EdwardHeartsU

I need a solution and fast!

From Bunnings, buy some long "6M" size screws. (- these replace the existing screws)

Also buy metal tubular spacers that will fit over them.

Once you've attached the Euro plates the rear plate will extend out beyond the number plate light - but that's the risk you take. However, there hasn't been a police blitz on broken rear number plate lights for over a decade.

It'll be better to procure the plates "GTX.444" or similar.

From Bunnings, buy some long "6M" size screws. (- these replace the existing screws)

Once you've attached the Euro plates the rear plate will extend out beyond the number plate light - but that's the risk you take. However, there hasn't been a police blitz on broken rear number plate lights for over a decade.

lol... that's exactly what he DOESN'T want

I'll stick with that. What other solution is there?

Yeah I don't know why people especially Asians have such a thing about "4"! I know that it has a similar pronunciation as "death" in Chinese.

I know what you're getting at now hehe

Stupid superstitions about the devil's number too.

Yeah I don't know why people especially Asians have such a thing about "4"! I know that it has a similar pronunciation as "death" in Chinese.

I know what you're getting at now hehe

Stupid superstitions about the devil's number too.

a catholic priest in gympie once had 666 on his number plate. this was funny for more than just the obvious reason. it was on a honda HRV, which at the time had the devil in the ads, where i think they had 666-hrv as the number plate.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...