SAU Community

All Imports Sydney

monga

Hi guys,

In the market for a r34 gt-r at present and have came across all imports in Sydney, does anybody have a reference for them and there dealings? If you have something and want to let me know via pm please do so.

Cheers,

Clint.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha, yea im pretty certain r34 gtrs were only made from mid to late 99 of any kind. If you get the vin I can run it in fast for you to check, or someone will on the forum...

I looked '2001 NUR' there before which I had to correct them into posting it as an 02' as they were only made from then etc...

• 2 months later...

Ahem....

Revival with question marks about a black R34 GTR VS2 Nur with a low 22***kms

Yeah right

Have been biting my tongue on this one, it's just not right!

How can they get away with this stuff? It's so easy to prove, really...

BsB VS1 would be also a ummm; how can I say it???...

Why have they attracted attention from ACA/FT?

Why have 2 of their sales staff not been paid commissions for...?

Have been biting my tongue on this one, it's just not right!

How can they get away with this stuff? It's so easy to prove, really...

I like you A, and Marko and other SAUers feel so sorry for those who save so long and hard for their dream car only to be duped by George (the odo-adjuster) and others of his kind. Unless the wise ones who have frequented SAU forums and inspected with scrutiny any grey imports anywhere, the general public continue to be treated like mushrooms.

It is sad Terry...

The problem with it aswell (especially with 34Rs as theres not that much on offer), theres is a lack of comparison for correct kms.. i started to believe myself that what they had was pretty much how a 34r looked with 50k kms.. and to be honest, alot of other ones on the market looked in very similar condition with similar kms.. thats when i started wondering elsewhere inspecting other cars and was considering a 34R wasnt for me..

When i looked at my first 34R it was one of theres, and i think if they had the exact colour / spec i would have come very close to purchasing one from them, it wasnt untill i looked at a black vsII with about 110k kms onit that i really found proof that what these guys had was wrong.. the car with 110k kms showed considerable less wear and tear than any i had seen from them which really opened my eyes...

Its not a hard trap to fall into, and its not that every 34R they sell is a bad one, i just wish they would advertise them genuinely.. as now they are flooding the market with very incorrect kms 34Rs.. which in the end will damage the reputation for the car here, and really deter future buyers as it nearly did with me, not to mention the ripping off of the people actually buying them..

enough is enough, they have been doing it for years i believe.. as quite a few that i inspected privately, had also been brought in buy these guys..

Shame on them, as you said Terry, taking advantage of peoples hopes and dreams..

its just wrong.....

Ooooh I have plenty of examples... like the white Nur that went to Vic for compliance that had every panel replaced aside from the left rear quarter - yes, including the roof! It was so bad it was sold at USS-R (a wrecking auction), and yet it turned up here, being advertised by a member via PM for $65K landed and complied...

Not being rude to anyone but bad cars are killing the good ones (making a good car worth less).

I see a lot of R34 GTR's and the best ones tend to be bought in directly by places like Iron Chef (no free ads here) and companies like that.

The club has some really nice R34 GTR's in its ranks and when you talk to the owners you will find that their cars cost more than the ones advertised on Parramatta Rd etc.

The reason - YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR.

I personally sold my R34 GTR a couple of years ago and would struggle to buy one that I'd be happy to own again for under $55k -FACT.

Dealers are not out there to lose money and they buy in the same places as the other importers - DO NOT BE FOOLED.

A GTR with under 100,000k's genuine will have a pretty good trim, there are not a lot of Japanese that are as big as Australians.

Enough of my rant - Just remember never assume the GTR you are buying is 100% - Always ask on the forum as you would be suprised on who is actually a member.

• 3 weeks later...

i've been looking for a v-spec II for 3 months now and couldn't understand why there was nothing coming up at auctions in japan, when there were cars here for about $50K.

i got my broker to inspect one that was advertised here and it turned out to have had welding done to the chassis rail.

have bid on an m-spec nur and a v-spec II nur at auction in japan in the last week and couldn't understand why they were more expensive than the ones advertised here.

now i know why.

it's a bit dis-heartening.

My mate bought a 34gtr from them. :S. I don't like the condition in which it is. It has different colored panels. So something suss there.

Also went there for a laugh to test a rx7 with my other mate. Lol, was grinding gears and the guy was like, oh you only have to buy this do dad for $200 and it's all fixed, he was adiment it had nothing to do with the synchros.

Lol, what a joke.