SAU Community

M35 Stagea Brake Cut Off Mod?

vi3t

Hi guys just trying to figure something out, I've been reading that people have been able to stall up there cars with the brake cut mod ...

I have done the brake cut mod pink/blue strip wire with switch in between but I feel no difference which is leading me to me think it's the wrong wire.

With the the wire disconnected it would go in limp about 10klms down the road, then when i restart the car the at light would flash then all would go back to normal. I've even pulled the brake switch Plug out and it makes no difference.

I get no continuety between the pink/blue stripe at the brake switch and at the ecu.

The wire I've cut at the ecu does not recieve 12volts when I'm braking.

Ive tried stalling it up, left foot on the brake and right foot on the gas, it will not go pass 2000 rpms.

Need to hit 3000rpm for turbo to start spooling (30/71 hypergear highflow)

Thanks in advance!

Viet.

There is no way you will be able to stall up a 3071 unless you open up the torque converter stator. That said, it should feel better with the wire cut still.

I assume you are tapping the pink/blue ecu wire and not the pink/blue auto control computer wire like I saw the other day?

Where are you located?

• Like 1

Hi Ken,

try this thread from here: http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/362400-g-zone-for-m35s/page__view__findpost__p__6088605

and also where it all started here: http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/362400-g-zone-for-m35s/page__view__findpost__p__6088605

Lots of good reading & also some data logs/traces to prove that it works.

There is a problem with the search function I would say.

The M35 ecu limits the throttle to 30% when the brake is applied and for approximately 3 seconds after its release. Its a good way to stop people getting sideways coming out of a corner, and also stops you launching with boost. Cutting the brake signal to the ecu disables this but it will eventually throw a fault code unless you find some way to trick it. (connect it up temporarily when you don't need throttle.) Most just run a switch and tap the brake as they flick it, only needs to be done occasionally.

No wonder why tapped the wrong ecu will fix up in an hour but in saying that wouldn't taking out the brake switch replicate the same thing

I'm abit far from you in the westside but would like to meet up sometime and get u to take a spin in my Stagea to see what improvements can be made

Your right everyone says search but couldn't find anything

The hard part is knowing what to search for. Try 'fun switch' & you will get a few hits.

No wonder why tapped the wrong ecu will fix up in an hour but in saying that wouldn't taking out the brake switch replicate the same thing

Try unplugging it & see if everything works as expected. If your brake lights go on then you could be OK. Do you have a safe place to test if the mod works?

But you will need to reconnect it every now & then so you don't get a CEL. So if you are going to cut a wire & run via a switch (unless you don't mind pulling over & climbing under the dash once a week), you might as well do it at the ECU.

One of the best ideas is to cut the wire & run the ECU side to your reverse lights. That way every time you back out of the garage you will have effectively reset the ECU timer.

Far out, I bet that is exactly the problem I had with my car when I purchased it.

Someone had cut the pink / blue wire on my auto transmission ecu and put a switch in. Caused havoc with the trans going into limp mode a few times a day.

Geuss they were trying to do something with the throttle and brake response.

Well all i can say is, I'm glad i found the fault and I wish people would leave stuff alone if they dont know what they are doing. :whistling:

Lol reconnected trams ecu wire tapped a switch inbetween the ecu wire getting the 12volt brake signal now but can not tell a difference when switched on and off, still can't spool up the turbo won't let me go past 2200rpm when left foot on brake and right foot on gas, boost does not build!

• Like 1

Cheers Leon, quite the read, although i am at a loss as to what the 'CEL' is? it would make a lot more sense if i knew

Sorry to semi hijack this thread! but i have another question

There actually seems to be quite a few little mod's that people have done such as this brake cut off mod

I woulden't know what i would be searching for in terms os minro modifications such as this, but could anyone put together a list of mods/links of mods that should be looked into?

I was just reading that the intake pipe is very restrictive, what could it be replaced with in order to free it up a bit?

The dump i already know about, along with the plenum spacer kit..

I am basically looking for a list of 'must have' modifications without going into F con's and high flow and etc

• Like 1

CEL = Check Engine Light.

In terms of the little mods, check out m35stagea.info - you'll find a few more how tos and a bit more information there.

Intake pipe is restrictive, there is no 'replacement' per se, you have to get something made. I think Scotty makes something? I'm getting something made locally.

Have a read of the other forum and you should find a few things. Really depends on what you want to do with the car!

No worries!

Also, while I remember, you *can* buy a replacement intake from Freeway Dolphin, but its only the top part. I have it on good authority you really need to go straight off the turbo, so mine will be getting redone soon.

Since you're in Vic, hit up Scotty and see if you can run round there and get him to do it?

Cheers Leon, quite the read, although i am at a loss as to what the 'CEL' is? it would make a lot more sense if i knew

Sorry to semi hijack this thread! but i have another question

There actually seems to be quite a few little mod's that people have done such as this brake cut off mod

I woulden't know what i would be searching for in terms os minro modifications such as this, but could anyone put together a list of mods/links of mods that should be looked into?

I was just reading that the intake pipe is very restrictive, what could it be replaced with in order to free it up a bit?

The dump i already know about, along with the plenum spacer kit..

I am basically looking for a list of 'must have' modifications without going into F con's and high flow and etc

If there was only one mod to get it would be the fcon. lol.

I can make any performance parts required, you need to choose what power you want and I can supply it, but it can get expensive. Essentially up to 200kw most of the stock parts will suffice, up to 300kw is available with a highflow, anything more and you will be spending big with custom parts replacing most of the stock items. The engine and trans seem hardy enough so far...

Actually i have a feeling i will be putting in an order with you scotty after reading more and more on m35stagea.info

Particularly the dump and the intake pipe :P

200kw would be fantastic for now until the turbo does eventually let go, I'm thinking of buying another one in the mean time and getting it highflowed or something for the future replacement.. but we'll see how i fair with 200 if possible :)

What would be needed to achieve 200 in your opinion?

What would be needed to achieve 200 in your opinion?

An exhaust, uprated wastegate actuator and an emanage ultimate would get you there with a good tune, I would replace the fuel pump and fuel filter beforehand also. I can do a Deatschwerks 300lph fuel pump for around $160 that drops straight in, the 350z fuel filter is available from Nissan.

http://www.deatschwerks.com/products/fuel-pumps/dw300-in-tank-fuel-pump

Lol reconnected trams ecu wire tapped a switch inbetween the ecu wire getting the 12volt brake signal now but can not tell a difference when switched on and off, still can't spool up the turbo won't let me go past 2200rpm when left foot on brake and right foot on gas, boost does not build!

Silly question but is your throttle floored? It might take 3 or 4 seconds, but you should build enough boost (& revs) to get the rears break loose.

I don't know if your car is stock or not, but mine already had an exhaust when this was discovered, so maybe stock cars can't experience the full advantage of the mod. Can anyone confirm?

There have been a couple of guys who reported very little difference when they did it, so maybe there's something else going on. It was chalk & cheese on mine tho.

You will need the exhaust done, it is extremely restrictive, especially the dump/cat pos. That will help spool the turbo.

Speaking of which, I may be trying out an anti-lag button for mine to help spool the turbo at stall. I will let you know how it goes. (This should work with the emanage too.)