SAU Community

M35 Stagea Brake Cut Off Mod?

vi3t

• 1 month later...

As im not one for cutting up factory wires and get plug in parts. It has come time to bite the bullet and do the brake cut mod. I am looking at doing it another way than what has been discussed previously. As my car has cruise control im looking at finding the wires associated with the on off switch on steering wheel cutting and terminating wire on the body side of ecu and connecting ecu wire to whichever cruise control wire becomes active when switch is turned on. If that does not work i have a switch i can solder in and run it to glove box

Just did it with a normal switch. On thinking about cruise control on off switch i would be limited to 30% throttle for the whole duration if i used the cruise control on a long drive may have been good for fuel consumption but i will never know

Just did it with a normal switch. On thinking about cruise control on off switch i would be limited to 30% throttle for the whole duration if i used the cruise control on a long drive may have been good for fuel consumption but i will never know

So have you done a test launch yet?

Watched the mighty car mods episode 12 of the double unicorn build. It touched base about the throttle restriction due to the atessa system in the wc's. I wonder if it's the same for us as we use that system? It was along the lines of g sensor and voltage sending info to the atessa which would tell the ecu how much power to send to the tranny etc..

• 1 month later...

There may be a big smile on your face. There definitely was on mine. Takes a while to stall up but it does happen.

Till about 3 weeks ago I didn't bother stalling up for more than 1-2 seconds , have been and still am very happy with general pedal response coming of the brakes. However bout 3 weeks ago I was waiting at a very tricky roundabout and stalled up for longer with foot flat ...... damn!! the grin I had! back end lost traction front scrambled for grip and the darn thing shot off like never before.

Car is stock except constant high boost, brake mod and trans cooler. This of course has resulted in a special kitty being formed for serious mods to happen. It is (to me anyway) exceptional how well these things get off the line.

Yep well worth the back cramps leaning in to the firewall, cutting and connecting the wires.

It's surprising how lazy Nissan tuned this car given the weight of the thing.

At least they gave it decent factory boost.

Even my wife loves it more now after she drove it through the forests of Durras lakes with the brake cut switched off.

Good little spot here for a switch, in the passenger side utility compartment.

Towards the back of the compartment , there's plenty of clearance behind for the mech.

Very easy piece of trim to remove, 2 screws then jiggle out.

Better than glovebox I think , less chance of getting broken.

I think my tyres are wearing out quicker all a sudden ;)

post-25026-0-22656200-1461827210_thumb.jpg

• 11 months later...

Dragging an old topic up. 

FYI, I have an AR-X that is 100% standard and I can get it to stall up on the brake to 3200rpm no problems, to the point that the rears start to spin. To my knowledge the mod hasn't been done as there are no CEL codes. 

Not too sure on how much boost its making but it leaves hard off the brake with no hesitation.