SAU Community

Rain Has Killed My M35

m35stagea

• 2 years later...

Hi guys, sorry to dig up an old post. i found it while googling.

i've just had this exact same issue. i found that the compartment around the battery had water in it. and the drain hole was well blocked.

i also found water on top of some of the loom connecter plugs going to the cabin.

ironically, the large fusebox/relay box, in the batter compartment holds all the fuses to do with the symptoms of the car, and i noticed that the plastic covers are not the most water proof of designs.

i have left the car disassembled for the night, and i will blow it out with compressed air in the morning. fingers crossed that it will fix the problems.

also after reading the replies in this thread, i have decided to hunt out all the otehr drainage points and check them for blockages, just to be safe.

Hi guys, sorry to dig up an old post. i found it while googling.

i've just had this exact same issue. i found that the compartment around the battery had water in it. and the drain hole was well blocked.

i also found water on top of some of the loom connecter plugs going to the cabin.

ironically, the large fusebox/relay box, in the batter compartment holds all the fuses to do with the symptoms of the car, and i noticed that the plastic covers are not the most water proof of designs.

i have left the car disassembled for the night, and i will blow it out with compressed air in the morning. fingers crossed that it will fix the problems.

also after reading the replies in this thread, i have decided to hunt out all the otehr drainage points and check them for blockages, just to be safe.

Had this issue not long ago, car went into limp mode all the dash lights on, dont think even speedo was working. I drove home some 20kms took baterry cover off and could see water on the bottom of baterry compartment,i used tissues to drain as much as i could and then left it over the night. Next day it was fine :)...

Had this issue not long ago, car went into limp mode all the dash lights on, dont think even speedo was working. I drove home some 20kms took baterry cover off and could see water on the bottom of baterry compartment,i used tissues to drain as much as i could and then left it over the night. Next day it was fine :)...

Better knock the drain rubber out so it doesn't happen again on the next downpour.

so today it is fine, as per expectations.

i still blew it all out with air, and i also put some silastik, on top of the wries that were soak with water, sealing them to the plug better.

the drain hole is unblocked, and i blew out all the dirt and leaves that were hiding. fingers crossed it doesn't need to be done again, for another 13 years!!!

my drain hole didnt actually have a rubber bung, but more of a rubber hose/tube going through the guard. it is about 1 inch in diameter.

this was located underneath the large fuse/relay box, mounted to the firewall inside the battery compartment.

time will tell if it fixes the issue.

my drain hole didnt actually have a rubber bung, but more of a rubber hose/tube going through the guard. it is about 1 inch in diameter.

this was located underneath the large fuse/relay box, mounted to the firewall inside the battery compartment.

time will tell if it fixes the issue.

That's the little pos I am talking about, if you left it in, good luck with that. It will just block again. Time won't have to tell you... I just did.