SAU Community

What Clutch To Get In 34 Gtr?

hi guys looks like im up for a new clutch. when going down the qtr .. i cant smash 4th, it locks me out but will go in if i gently put it in. besides that all gears select fine. but a little notchy in normal driving

i dont know the brand of the clutch but it makes a chi-ching noise on start up (sounds boss)

so before i come to big dollars of new synchros il do the clutch

racepace have advised to get the nismo twin plate. has a hefty price tag..

what clutch have you guys used? what price? how many kms do you get out of it? is it good for qtr mile launches? (i dont track)

i just want a long lasting clutch because the one i got is appently only 10000km old

cheers

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you do a search in this section, you'll see they're easily the most recommended clutches by GTR owners. Racepace arent telling you to get it without good reason

yeh i know its the best clutch hence why the recommended it. i made my own thread because of my situation

what kms people getting out of the clutch? where can i buy it from and whats the difference between the c spec?

Aaaahhhh, this old chest nut. Seems to be the new hit topic.

Coppermix fanbois, how are we? Haha

Mate if you got dosh, buy the coppermix, if you're stinge then get a npc 10"single button.

Easy peasy.

As for mileage, mr pig did a lot of abuse and the clutch still looks mint. So if you're worried about durability, don't be. Just don't ride the clutch.

Have you been riding the clutch you have currently?

yeh i know its the best clutch hence why the recommended it. i made my own thread because of my situation

what kms people getting out of the clutch? where can i buy it from and whats the difference between the c spec?

Just did 35,000 of hard kms with close to 400 RWKW most of its life. Easily 250 7000 RPM launches on it. Engine came out 2 months ago and it's going straight back in. No rebuild, no new plates.

C spec is rated at 780 ps where as the normal version is 640 ps

KM will obviously depend on what sort of life you put it through.

Regarding sourcing one, I suggest you speak with Andrew from Kudos Motorsports - nice guy and knows his stuff. www.kudosmotorsports.com

Nismo kit comes with light weight flywheel - etc already too.

Hope this helps.

Edited by iwanta34gtr

besides that all gears select fine. but a little notchy in normal driving

cheers

Im no expert but do you know what oil your running in your box? Its meant to be ATF. I suggest Castrol Transmax Z.

Grain of salt.

yeh i got the oil changed and apperntly the wrong oil was put in before hand. dumb c**ts

so now theres the catrol pil in it. it has helped a bit but will need a clutch

i wont go stingy il get the best out there but i want my moneys worth. if i buy it myself i can save some money . anyone know some good suppliers to compare prices?

as for riding the clutch. all i do is find friction point then a split second im off the clutch. just to save the jolt.. is this wrong?

the gears felt the same before i baught it to now . it was only the 400m that i noticed 4th had issues

Best supplier for those is; elrodeo666 on these forums. He is in Japan now, so send him a PM and he may take a few days to reply but don't stress, he's a very honest and helpful person and the prices are great.

Best supplier for those is; elrodeo666 on these forums. He is in Japan now, so send him a PM and he may take a few days to reply but don't stress, he's a very honest and helpful person and the prices are great.

+1 sourced my coppermix twin thru him, great guy to deal with and was very fast delivery from jap

+ a million for Marcus!

Smashes every price out there 95% of the time, turns up in perfect condition and just an all round good bloke!

Does he manage to get parts past customs and GST? I'm not a fan of unnecessarily paying tax and duty.

Never paid anything and thats including a Nismo intercooler.

Even the head is coming in 'carry on luggage' haha!

Never paid anything and thats including a Nismo intercooler.

Even the head is coming in 'carry on luggage' haha!

it's amasing what can be stuffed in a bag and shoved in the over head,

I have Excedy twin in the 32, and Excedy triple in the 34, not had a drama with either, the twin is silent and drive better then the factory clutch and has about 1000 7500rpm launchs and this kind of abuse

the triple is a bit niosey and a bit bitey, but takes the same abuse without fail

Just did 35,000 of hard kms with close to 400 RWKW most of its life. Easily 250 7000 RPM launches on it. Engine came out 2 months ago and it's going straight back in. No rebuild, no new plates.

C spec is rated at 780 ps where as the normal version is 640 ps

That is very impressive !!

will have serious look at them next time round !