SAU Community

Straight To The Point - S2 Stagea Rotors

C34S2STAG

Hey,

I have looked through a few threads and can't seem to find the best option for front rotors to use on my Stagea. I don't want to convert to another system such a R34GTT, so does anyone know what rotors to use for the stock front? I have looked for DBA and RDA rotors however I can't find anything that fits the measurements of my stock disc. My model is a 2001 S2 manual C34 and I would prefer slotted and no modifications such as maching them down to fit. I have heard 350Z rear disc can fit on the front? Not sure what's what these days with so many different opinions lol.

The measurements are

290mm Diameter

48mm height

68mm center

28mm thickness

Thanks in advance for your help :)

I have heard 350Z rear disc can fit on the front?

I don't know where you got that info.

You either have to get the disks machined down, or find a pair already done. Do you have warped disks? New ones will do the same thing, hence everyone upgrading to the r34 4 piston gear.

Did you read the brake thread above?

I have Dixcel slotted rotors on my RS Four S. They are the SD rotors. Front rotors number is 321 2013, rears are 325 2016. I imported through RHD Japan.

Ive got an RS4S as well and got RDA slotted for the front for $200,i'd need to have a look for the pix and part number.

was that the RDA 954S?

did you have to machine them down any?

what rims you running?

Japanese import spares in SA have them available brand new, $240 front or rear a pair ( standard non slotted) for Series 1 and 2 Stagea. Guaranteed fitment, no guess work, no machining etc required. I got them for my Series 2 a while ago and they have reasonable postage charges and quick delivery too.

I would seriously look into getting these as an option, sometimes they have them in slotted as well as the standard non slotted.

http://www.japaneseimportspares.com.au/nissanstageaw34aftermarketparts/

I'm still looking for the pix with the part numbers,they didn't need to be machined they went straight on no dramas,did it myself. I just went to an RDA distributor and they looked up the stagea RS4S on the computer and they got them delivered within 2hrs for me as well as front brakes. All up the slotted rotors and front pads cost me $290 not fitted. It's really not a drama or expensive to get front rotors and pads fellas. It's a f**ken sweet deal ;)

Hey guys just pulled my finger outta my ass so here's all the part numbers for slotted front rotors and front pads with pix, this stuff will go on the S2 RS4S can't speak for any other models etc ;)

No doubt the pix are going to be massive but that's how i roll.

RDB Slotted front rotors for 1999 S2 RS4S,they only cost $200 for the pair.

P1060148.jpg

Part number for DBA slotted front rotors:

P1060133.jpg

Front brake pads for 1999 S2 RS4S,these were onlt $70-80 for the front pair.

P1060143.jpg

Front brake pad part number:

P1060140.jpg

Front brake pad and part number:

P1060146.jpg

Hope it helps. Wish i had this info when i needed it,drove me f**ken nuts trying to figure it all out etc =)

Edited by tibinstein

Is it just me, or are those brake pad part numbers different??? :ermm:

The front pads number is deff DP1671,the number on the pic of the actual pad might just be for what side that pad was for.

Thanks dirtyS14, i'm all about sharing the knowledge,i live for our battle wagons ;)

Edited by tibinstein

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm,i'm yet to see a point to rear slotted only cause the stock brakes/rotors seem to be enough but you can never have enough STOP!

One day i'll look into it for the wagons,wonder if anyone's done it yet!?

i am in the same boat looking for slotted rotors for s2 stagea rs4

i have the following rotors on my car now:

* Diameter = 290mm

* Height = 49mm

* Thickness = 27.5mm

4909 RDA rotor doesn't look like it will work as it will foul the calliper at the rear, biggest problem the height of 54mm::

Diameter = 280mm

* Original Height = 54mm

* Original Thickness = 30mm

* Min. Thickness = 28mm

* Central Hole Diameter = 68mm

* No. of Bolt Holes = 5

now the 954s rotor is 6mm oversize in diameter, but then thickness of these is alot thinner (by 6mm), so could lead to problems with the piston when the pads are low:

Diameter: 296mm

Original Height: 49mm

Original Thickness: 24mm

Minimum Thickness: 22mm

Centre Hole Diameter: 296mm

Number of Bolt / Fixing Holes: 5

• 2 weeks later...

the correct rotor can be purchased from Greenline:

Thanks for your enquiry. Pricing information as requested:

DIXCEL PD Disc Rotor (Front) WGNC34 RB25DET 99 AWD (3212013 PD): 14,553 yen (Special)

Shipping: 25,100 yen

TOTAL: 39,653 yen AU$515

DIXCEL SD Disc Rotor (Front) WGNC34 RB25DET 99 AWD (3212013 SD): 21,483 yen (Special)

Shipping: 25,100 yen

TOTAL: 46,583 yen AU$605

Rotors are 290x28mm (Height: 49.2mm).

Dixcel are soon to have distributor open their doors (next month) in NSW so hopefully pricing is better.

Dont know about the 25X but the 25G RWD RB25DE, are single pot fronts and are thinner. When fitting the 4 pots to the S1 I fitted the 2 pot S1 RS4 to the 25G. Bit fiddly,as the S1 have 14mm bolts and had to get mounts drilled out, also use spacers to move disc out to centralise in the 2 pot S1's.calipers. Shroud needed a bit of bending.