SAU Community

Help With R32 Gtr Amplifier Install

DeaN20

Hey so I want to install an amplifier in the boot of my r32 gtr and ive seen the thread for an ampliifer install into a r32 gtst which was heaps helpful but the problem I am having is that I dont know where to run the power cable of the amp through the firewall. Ive heard your meant to run it through the firewall on the drivers side but there is something in the way which makes access to the hole nearly impossible to access. So I was wondering if there is an easier way to pass the power cable for the amplifier through the firewall, any pictures would also be greatly helpful.

Something in the way,

On which side? engine or interior?

Cant you take it off?

I had to take off a plastic cover under the dash,

you can use a piece of stiff wire to start it through

or the thin strip of metal on wiper blades is really good,

this helps as there is foam and tape to get through.

Yeh there is something in the way. On the engine side though I am not quite sure what it is. Yeh i know about that plastic cover and have taken it off and seen underneath it.

But as you can see from the photo something is annoyingly in the way and seems to be riverted on so i dont know to move it and i dont know if you can tell but the wire grommet is right underneath it.

post-61695-0-21404100-1342172866_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks Chris Rogers, I did exactly that today and even thought it was a bit of a bitch it all worked out and now i have a power cable running from the battery and through the firewall. For anyone else curious about this problem, I feel like in an r32 gtr this is the only solution and there is no easier way but the good thing is its not too difficult and could easily be done in less than 90 minutes

• 1 year later...

Cheers guys this thread is a huge help.

I was reading up another one which showed the hole unlike like mine and the picture by dean20 which had the plastic cover in the way.

Will follow these instructions tomorrow however my splash guard plastic screws are stripped and I need to get them out somehow :\