SAU Community

Has Anyone Used These Achilles 123 Semi Slick Tyre

so im looking at buying a set of these achilles 123 semi's. as there a street tire i dont think there really a real semi slick but thats what they call them. so im wondering if anyone has used them and can tell what there like in the dry and wet. there pretty cheap around $220 each. trying to compare them to the rsr and ku36 with a better tread wear.

Dunno about the semi sliks but my mate just replaced a set of Achillies road tyres on his wifes commodore that did less that 5,000kms before they were rooted... I think they are a pretty cheap shitty brand.

I was looking at trying them too... Most I've asked said they are on par with the other two choices... There are drift cars and track cars using them successfully, they are a street tyre like the others and should be fine.... As for the commo wearing them in 5000km, well it's a commo.... :P

I don't know their semi slick at all, but for a cheap tyre I was very impressed with their street tyre's grip. The extra wear Chris was seeing might be related to being softer/better grip than the usual chinese rock-hard tyre that lasts for 1billion klm but has no grip.

Nope, they will be along the lines of the KU36 and RS-R, a real grippy tyre for street.... I assume these will suck in the wet too.... My KU36 have done over 5000kms and are only wearing due to no wheel alignment since suspension work, they have a similar tread wear to the 123s I believe

Don't be fooled into getting these tyres, I have these horseshit tyres on the R33 I just bought, the rears are 275 wide and the car is stock, and I have crap all grip.

I ran smaller 255 KU31s on my old 240rwkW R33 and it provided more grip.

not to mention I have a friend with a mirage using the same tyres and he lights up 3rd gear with ease, well he is running an EVO 5 motor but that's not the point lol

Edited by johnnilicte

Don't be fooled into getting these tyres, I have these horseshit tyres on the R33 I just bought, the rears are 275 wide and the car is stock, and I have crap all grip.

not to mention I have a friend with a mirage using the same tyres and he lights up 3rd gear with ease, well he is running an EVO 5 motor but that's not the point lol

And yet SimonS14 and a couple of the other drift guys all rave about their grip?

Are you sure you didnt use the achilles atr sport? because Ive also used the 123 and they are on par with the rsr in terms of grip.

I have 123s on my Evo 8 and I would recommend them to anyone. Great tyre for the price. In the dry they grip better than my toyo r1rs and federal 595 rsr. For the fella that spins 275s like the car is 500 horsepower... Your car suspension would be set up like a pile of sh*t.. That or you're driving in the wet clutch popping every two minutes.

I have 123s on my Evo 8 and I would recommend them to anyone. Great tyre for the price. In the dry they grip better than my toyo r1rs and federal 595 rsr. For the fella that spins 275s like the car is 500 horsepower... Your car suspension would be set up like a pile of sh*t.. That or you're driving in the wet clutch popping every two minutes.

Probably is too, just bought the car and it's running some rubbish pedders comfort shocks & springs, soon to be removed and put on eBay.

As for the clutch popping every two minutes, I'm not 18.

Edited by johnnilicte

Probably is too, just bought the car and it's running some rubbish pedders comfort shocks & springs, soon to be removed and put on eBay.

As for the clutch popping every two minutes, I'm not 18.

Can you confirm you're running 123's? What size are they if you are, cos you're not running 275's.

I'll look when I get home, they provide very bad lateral grip I can tell you! The car would come out around corners in a tight roundabout with some gas.

Could be a heap of reasons for that though!