SAU Community

Whoop-Ass Wednesday Drags, Kwinana Motorplex

Bren444

Hey guys

I believe tomorrow night is the season grand opening of the whoop-ass wed drags.

I'm heading down for a look and thought I'd see if anyone else is heading out to run down the quater with some real cars and show these "big dominating V8's" how it's done haha

Ofcourse this is all assuming it won't get canned due to the weather.

The motorplex usually releases the go or no-go descision at about 3pm on the day and you can find out by ringing the office.

Let me know if anyone interested.

If anyone is new or you just want more info, refer to the below;

9419 6622

http://www.motorplex...index.php?id=45

http://www.motorplex.com.au/news.php?newsid=1089&g=9&pg=drag

Cheers

Brendan

Edited by Bren444

As soon as my 34 build is done and the car is ready I'm there again - All going to plan, I'll be organising another skyline drag night Wednesday 7 November with some good friends and who ever else wants to join. It was an awesome night the last time we did it - we all just met down there same time and grabbed pit bays together to leave our stuff, lined up, sent some spectator mates off with the cameras, did some runs and talked some shit (most of us are pretty good at that). Good video compilation from the night thanks to Richard;

• 3 weeks later...

This just in - I have time off work confirmed to hit the drags on 3 October. Now who would like to bring their skylines down and flog me in my No.2 car? That's right, the ss common whore is going down the quater haha

• 3 weeks later...

Heading down tomorrow night with the bike to see if I can bust into the 9's, stag will be there as well as its the tow car ;)

If anyone is heading down come say hi to the guy on the bike painted like the red angry bird, that's me :)

• 6 months later...

Hi all

The following is a text copy that I am spreading to friends, and have placed on another car club forum;

It has been way too long since I have been on the forums and had a good input to events but it is all reborn from now ...

"MY R34" project is 'complete' (however I guess a hobby such as this is never complete) and I'd love for people to get involved with the first official track event for the new fully built race prep'd/street driven R34GT-T :-)

This being said, it's certainly not all about me and my car;
I am a man of my word and this night is all about encouraging more people to get involved with general track events even if their cars are a 'daily drive' or if money is tight, and regardless of how quick or slow your car is. I have a huge passion for promoting Barbagallo Raceway and the Kwinana Motorplex, and I would really like to continue the path of bringing new friends together for such an awesome hobby. I am more than happy to meet new people and provide info on my personal experience with clubs and car events in general. All I ask is that people aren't afraid to have a go, stop being a spectator - get in touch with me, check out all the info and support the car clubs you're in (especially if you're concerned about costs of events). We are all good hearted, welcoming people who will get together and encourage others to get amongst the action in a safe (off-street) environment.
Those who can't get a car into some action, come on down for a good night out and check out the action anyway. Get your cameras and pom pom's together - the more the merrier ;-)

Enough warm hearted dribble from me, full event details are as follows;
http://www.motorplex.com.au/news.php...54&g=9&pg=drag

There have been some changes to the drag requirements over time so pay particular attention to;
-helmet and clothing requirements
-vehicle safety modification requirements (as per how fast the car is)
-You can now have ONE passenger along for the 1/4 mile experience provided requirements are met

NOTE: EVERY CAR MUST HAVE A COOLANT OVERFLOW BOTTLE OR SOME FORM OF CATCH CAN TO PREVENT FLUIDS SPILT ON TRACK IN THE EVENT OF A VEHICLE OVER HEATING. For example, for my R34 and my VX SS commodore, I have installed an old powerade bottle with some hose for track events. (Feel free to get in touch with me for further details if need be)

I'm bound to have left things out but if you have any questions, feel free to get in touch with me and I'll try to get on the forums regularly leading up to the event.

All that aside, I'm thoroughly looking forward to the night (this is a big one off for me as I have had to take time off work just to participate), and hope to see you there!!

Would be great to see a big posse of skylines rock up to draw the attention away from the usual V8's ;-)

Cheers,

Brendan

hi Brendan, long time no speak.. I do love a bit of drag racing, and look forward to seeing your beast at full noise.. So I'll be at this one. put me on the reminder list :action-smiley-069:

Edited by tricstar

Richy Rich!!

That's fantastic news mate, look forward to catching up, not to mention seeing your beast head closer to a 10sec pass ;-) haha

Also, what's going on with your phone lately? Do you have a new number?? I've been trying to call and sent text messages with no reply?

Hope all is well mate,

Bren

hi Brendan, long time no speak.. I do love a bit of drag racing, and look forward to seeing your beast at full noise.. So I'll be at this one. put me on the reminder list :action-smiley-069:

Good stuff fellas ^^^

Look forward to having us all together again with the beasts. Not sure what time you guys can all get away from work and get down there but I was hoping to meet down there early (before the start) and grab pit bays together like last time.

Jarrod that is an incredible time mate!!! Well done. To put that in perspective for a manual GT-T, the quickest time I ever did with mine running approx 340rwhp on R888 tyres was a 13.4 (and I was happy with my launches and getting the power down) ... You must be stoked mate! I don't think I'll be much quicker than that on street tyres even with all the hp and money spent.

I'm pumped for this fellas! ;-)

• Like 1

Will be awesome.

I will get my bro and Mates GTIr aswell to come down.

My second best after the 12.8 was 13.3.

The 12.8 was a freak launch, i just stuck like glue to the track no wheel spin even with a 5.5k launch !!

• 3 weeks later...

The 34 is race ready and the SS is heading to the workshop for some more mods today ;-)

I've even got the launch control set up in the 34 now and I've borrowed a set of drag radials that I'll throw on halfway through the night and see how the times go.

Bloody pumped! Just hope the weather holds up and my swing at work goes quick this week.

So far the weather report still shows good for Wednesday ;-) Fingers crossed!

Unfortunate timing this week, bad storm here tonight/tomorrow :( Hope the weather clears up for ya and they don't cancel the drags!

So far the weather report still shows good for Wednesday ;-) Fingers crossed!

Haha yeh I thought you meant last week!

I miiiiight make this week, car gets tuned on Tuesday.