SAU Community

Rb25 Oil Leak

horrace

Hello any help would be great,

My C34 is currently leaking oil from near the oil filter, I'm 99% sure its not the oil filter because when i grab it with clean hands the filter and the filter block are clean. It looks like its coming from the part in the pics iv attached it might be the factory oil cooler? not to sure just wondering if anyone knows of a common leak that can develop in this area? I cant get a good look in there and I have big hands LOL, also its leaking a fair bit of oil so I need it fixed asap.

thanks guys

Rhet

post-56886-0-99762900-1348377090_thumb.jpg

post-56886-0-96705600-1348377121_thumb.jpg

post-56886-0-98867300-1348377156_thumb.jpg

That's an iunisual place for an oli leak, the cooler is a bolt on arrangement and unles you have removed it there sholud be no problem, how much oil are you loosing it might be coming from above, cam covers are prone to coming loose, try tightening the covers maybe.

It is loosing a bit, a little 10cm puddle when I park over night. It has never been removed as far as I know. I did look to see if it was coming from higher and didn't see anything but I'll have a proper look tomorrow again.

• 1 month later...

Hello again fine sirs! after repairing the first oil leak i have found another, oil is seeping from the very front of the sensor to the left/below the oil filter. Right from the front just behind the screw that holds the tab/electrode thing for the sensor wiring. Now is this the oil pressure sensor? i'm thinking it may be best to replace the whole thing? any advice?

cheers guys, this is really starting to shit me!

post-56886-0-04450000-1352018130_thumb.jpg

Edited by horrace

Agreed with Dale. Hey Rhet, does your oil light on your dash work? I was wondering from viewing the first pic why it was disconnected. That brown plug flappin' in the wind in the pics should most likely be connected to it..........

• 2 years later...