SAU Community

T's R32 Gtr

Took the old girl for a decent drive up the coast this arvo and took some happy snaps with the iphone' date=' thought it was as good a reason to throw up a showcase as any.

I've had the car 6 years or so, a 1992 R32 GTR imported fresh from Japan, brought over with nothing more than catback, rims, pods and 80thou on the clock.

Here it is when I first got it...

[img']http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i123/infamous_t/32R/636-DSC_0051.jpg[/img]

Anyway... I enjoyed it like that for some time, daily driven +400km a week, probably put 70K on the odo in the last few years.

Then about a year ago had a small accident, I didn't need the car for work any more, so it became a catalyst to take the car off the road and do more on the car.

Replacing bits here and there, completely removing others gets us to today

Engine

R34 GTR Factory Turbos

Splitfires

GReddy cooler piping

KTS intake piping

Mines Front Pipe

Trust Titanium Catback

"Highflow" cat

Blitz DSBC

Nistune

JJ catch can

Tomei adjustable cam gears

Handling/Braking

HSD HR Adjustable Coilovers

DBA 4000s

Braided clutch lines

Nismo GB + engine mounts

Whiteline adjustable swaybars front & rear

Strut braces front & rear (Cusco / Whiteline)

UAS upper control arms

Whiteline Rear Toe/Camber adjustable kits

Cusco Brake Stopper

Cusco Tension Rods

Midori HICAS Elimination arms... rest of HICAS shit goneeeeee

Drivetrain & Transmission

Nismo Coppermix Twinplate + braided line and upgraded pivot

S14 clutch master + adaptor

Interior

320km/hr Speedo

R34 GTR V-Spec / Carbing aluminium pedals

Nismo floor mats & gear knob

Exterior

Nismo LMGT4 18x9.5 +12 (Direzza Sport Z1 Star Spec 265/35R18)

Nismo lugs

N1 headlights

N1 front bar

N1 copy sideskirts

Trust copy pods

Smoked indicators

Nismo style CF Intercooler Duct

HIDs

Rolled guards front & rear, modified front liners

IMG_0992-Copy.jpg

IMG_0993-Copy.jpg

IMG_0994-Copy.jpg

Currently makes 375awhp @ 16psi

Goes pretty well, but I have some poncams to go in and looking to change to a midsized single turbo and MAP based ecu early next year.

If all goes well there's hopefully a decent brake upgrade on the horizon after that, but one thing at a time for now...

IMG_0840.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Let us know if that shaft give you any vibrations! Most carbon shafts do unfortunately

Can only be less than the amount of vibrations I'm currently getting LOL

It's a strange thing, some people report problem, some don't.

Not sure if it's brand specific thing (ACPT group buy dramas comes to mind), or other problems resonating though, or simply that you just need to spend a little extra time doing things like shimming up gearbox mounts to get the tailshaft angle perfect.

Find out soon enough I guess :)

• 3 weeks later...

Thicker/higher grade wiring than stock, around the same price as a replacement OEM harness, ~$200.

This version (there's 2) also has direct wiring/earth back to the battery.

Should hopefully equate to a stronger, more reliable spark... e85 ready :)

• 2 months later...
So I got the car back today, to say the car drives very well is an understatement :D

The guts of the work I needed done was to get the car driving well before looking at power upgrades later in the year.

Wheel bearings, rear diff, tailshaft were all changed up for new items, while the subframe was removed for some restoration...

The Nismo 1.5 way diff was sent off with the old diff to get sorted, the subframe was dropped for powdercoating and fresh bushes all round.

Now I'd always suspected my subframe was a little bit special needs, but when it was dropped it was best compared to my favourite yellow fruit.. the banana.

So a replacement straight subframe was obtained... some stripping, sandblasting, powdercoating then sent off for rebushing and some basic alignment settings, finished product had this baby looking brand new.

1080905_10153102289600076_1421468217_n_z

1167802_10153102289640076_540563676_n_zp

Had a comp test done... which came up fairly good, happy considering its a +160K RB26.

So now I know the motor is still healthy, the car drives straight & well, no random vibrations (just the good ones), and it will put the power down nicely.

From here it's time to let my hip pocket recover for a little bit and enjoy driving the car again, then I'll focus my attention to some power increases, which the plan is now for Vipec + -5s + poncams + e85

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Figured a bit of an update was in order...

Sent the GTR in to get the Galvsport touch towards the end of 2014, basics are:

Garret -5s twins with all hot side pipe work ceramic coated (ported ex. manifolds, mines dumps & front pipe)

Tomei Poncam Bs (260 / 260 @ 9.15mm)

GReddy intake kit, but with K&N pods with custom joining pipework to get it sitting in a good spot.

Vipec plug + flex fuel sensor + ecu controlled boost solenoid

Walbro e85 fuel pump + ASNU 1100cc injectors + Nismo FPR

Galvsport signature airconditioning restoration!

Misc servicing and replacement of perished OEM hoses & wiring

I've had the car back about 3 weeks now (thanks for opening up over xmas break Josh!) and it drives amazingly... certainly has renewed my love for the car!

Aircon makes immensely more enjoyable to drive on hot days!

With no noticeable loss in response from 34R+dialed in stock cams, but power band pushing well past were the old setup fell over, coming through corners I find I'm in the sweet spot of the powerband.

As I said to Josh after the first proper drive "f**k she's quick!"

Although the 98 tune is complete, the car still needs to go back in for a day to finish of the flex tune... something that couldn't be avoided due to xmas shutdown without being without the car a further 4-6 weeks.

This also means there is more to come, which greatly excites me!

I'm currently trying to touch up the car where she's got a bit rough over the years, fixing up interior further and cleaning up the engine bay with new bits and cleaning of the decades of grime.

I don't have any new photos or dyno charts at the moment, but as no one likes walls of text, here's another pic from the Galvsport Barbagello Track day.

32barbs_zpsa0e18ad3.jpg

Greddy intake pipe work, thinking about redoing them with black joiners and black coated pipe work.

A relocated PS res to free up some room might be the go down the track.

80A9908C-387F-450F-893E-C4FBF8873282_zps

Flex sensor and some sexy fittings hiding behind oil filter

60B126D5-4A1D-443E-AC78-D08A5F320F26_zps

Planning on doing a boot mounted reservoir, once done I can get both pods nestled low near the bumper feed, but setup works perfect for now.

You can also see the colour difference between panels where I've managed to clear off the 20yrs of grime.

79375007-929F-4475-B89A-BB0CAD8DB2C4_zps

Loving the induction noise of the new turbos and intake setup, stock bovs make a bit of noise now too LOL

Also shows the garage defend air guide I installed a while back.

I'll get a proper catch can eventually!

29AEBB53-EB82-48C0-9E6B-02BD1F95B613_zps

Absolutely beautiful mate, I'm after a set of N1 side skirts and Trust pods myself. Do you know what brand you got and if so how's the fittment? Cheers

Pods were 2nd hand off here so unsure... N1 side skirts were JSAI and the fitment was rubbish.