SAU Community

My Daily Rb32Gtr

Hey guys I'm currently building a new donk for the old girl so I thought I'd wack it up on here. Pretty new to the forum so I hope ive gt this in the right spot.

Anyways I have had my 32 gtr for a year now and decided its time to start spending some money on it. The whole reason I bought this particular one was so that I wouldnt spend any money on it...post-92570-0-33554200-1350615526_thumb.jpg I'll put some pictures up enventaully but some of you may recognise the car it used to run NISMO32 plates. The last owner was a forum member.

So I've bought most of my parts now just waiting for everything to arrive!

so far this is what I have added to the list..

(short motor built by RIPS)

RB30 block preped by RIPS

extended sump by RIPS

Nitto 3.2 stroker kit

Tomei oil pump

Ross balancer with crank tirgger

camtech cams IN 278 / EX 272 10.8mm lift

camtech valve springs and retainers

Tomei cam gears

Hypertune inlet manifold

Hypertune 90mm throttle body

6boost split pulse manifold

GTX3582r with T4 1.06 twinscroll rear housing

Twin turbosmart compgate 40's

Turbosmart race port bov

Turbosmart fuel reg

Powertune twin intank walbro pumps

Apexi pfc D-Jetro

Still need to get the head ported. I bought a whole 26 with a spun big end so ill have to get onto that this time im home.

Anyone recomend a good shop in Perth for the poring?

So theres still a few things i need to get. Havent decided on coils Splitfire/okada coils? Same with injectors, but will probably go 1000cc jobies with a hypertune fuel rail. Still have to buy a clutch but cant decide, was pretty set on the nismo twin plate but heard mixed results now npc clutches recommended their single plate 5 puck. "Just want something driveable" the age old saying is the case. Got a ceramic clutch in the torana and i love it but that car was built to hammer the crap out of it constantly.. Also havent settled on a radiator yet but leaning towards the 55mm x flow pwr with shrouded thermos.

So thats the build so far, got some 265 advan ado8's on works kiwamis not long ago too so cant wait to put that rubber to use with it.

If anyone has any suggestions to the parts I havent got yet I would like to hear them!

Also if anyone recognises the car it would be good to hear from them too.

cheers

Ben

• 1 month later...

No one recognizes the car i guess?

Well I'm still waiting on the short motor to get here but Rob sent me some good pictures of it though its mouth watering stuff! Not running the PFC anymore either going with the haltech platinum plug in pro. My head is on its way back from godzilla motorsport after having the cnc porting done cant wait to see how that has turned out. Bought some ID1000's too so fuel system is complete now!

so hopefully ill have the whole thing screwed together in a couple weeks ready to drop in after christmas!

No one recognizes the car i guess?

I remember when the car was for sale but don't know who the forum member was.

Anyway, looks like a great build coming up - looking forward to see how you go with it!

100% response! aiming for 600 eventually though.

The short motor is finally at home! Hopefully i can get the head on it next week! crank trigger set up arrived too. main this now is just making some oil lines and water lines for the turbo and then its change out time!

100% response! aiming for 600 eventually though.

The short motor is finally at home! Hopefully i can get the head on it next week! crank trigger set up arrived too. main this now is just making some oil lines and water lines for the turbo and then its change out time!

E85 and 30+psi and you will get there :)

• 2 weeks later...

That is a a biiiiig turbo (Im guessing 700hp+)...and for daily driven car + nitrous your gonna scare the bejesus :O out of poor old grandma with her shopping basket when you accidentally put your foot to the floor :D

Love the rims on your car too they look ace :thumbsup:

Keen to see the end rebroad minded person onces finished.

Keep it up.

• 2 weeks later...

No real updates as yet havent even got my head back! Some how these things take 3 months to complete.. Hard to find good help. I have seen the head though after porting and its ridiculous look forward to seeing the flow chart!

A few more parts have arrived like the ecu and the hypertune plenum and throttle body.

Ordered my clutch too after much thought. I ended up getting a nismo coppermix the comp spec one. I dont know how it will like it but everyone likes these clutches so if it can handle the power it will stay, if not ill have to look at something more solid but atleast i will have tried the more user friendly one first and know it wasnt an option! they are rated pretty high so we will see i guess.

I need to get my current engine sold though. So i think ill put an add up and peoples can come have a gander while its still in the car at least they can be assured that it does still go hard.. At work for three more weeks though unless this cyclone gets brewing!

This thing has to be done for race wars in wa! bloody machine shops taking their sweet ass time!

its not a real big snail man its only a gtx35 but it will be a fun daily! Cheers I dont have those wheels anymore i sold them a while ago for nothing.. should have kept them, Ive got works kiwamis on it now they look much better!

• Like 1